I sat watching him with wide eyes. His shoulders had broadened, chest expanding with heavy breaths. His eyes were dark, canines protruding from his mouth as he fought back his anger. Gulping, I waited for him to calm down. When it didn't seem like it was coming soon, I softly placed my hand on his cheek.

Asra blinked, his pupils fighting for control until he finally relaxed. It was funny to me; how I was doing this. I had come to this wolf pack, terrified of seeing a canine or piece of fur and yet, just this very moment, I held an almost shifted wolf by the jaw.

My lips quirked, and Asra's eyes dropped to the movement. "What is it?"

"Nothing." I laughed softly. "Just a lot of things have happened lately."

I felt him slowly melt back into the soft, warm marshmallow he often was. He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me so I sat on his lap. I laughed, adjusting my position as his hands moved to my ass.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I found the short strands of hair at the back of his neck. The more summer seemed to come, the lighter his hair became. When I had first seen Asra in person, it was only brown with a mixture of natural highlights. But here, this close, I could see the caramel and lighter brown that peeked through.

I ran my hand through the entire length, snagging on a few knots along my way to the back of his head. Asra grumbled beneath me, his hands tightening on the flesh of my rear.

"What things have happened?" He wondered, referring to my comment.

I shrugged. "Just things like... here I am, sat on the big, bad wolf's lap, inches away from being clawed to death."

Asra's eyes narrowed playfully before his hand came to grasp at my jaw. I flinched automatically when his fingers dug into the joint, the familiar hold giving me way too many recollections than I'd like. Team it with his haughty eyes and grimace... I slunk away from his touch.

His eyebrows furrowed, and he released me as though I had burnt him. "What's wrong?"

Swallowing, I dipped my head and dropped my hands from his neck. "It's nothing."

"Ailia, you have spent the last ten minutes saying that something is nothing... Was I too rough?"

"No, it's just the topic..." I muttered.

His thumb gently stroked my thigh, trying to coax me out from behind my wall. I sighed, straightening my spine and facing him head on.

"The way you grabbed me, teamed with the look in your eye, just reminded me of him... I know you are not him! I know you would never hurt me. It's just... sometimes when we talk about Evermore I get on edge and..."

"It's okay." He interrupted me. "You don't need to explain everything. Just tell me what triggers you and we can understand it better."

My heart beat wildly in my chest, and I shook my head. "Not a lot does."

"If you are sure." He smiled softly, running his hand through my hair. "No more harsh throat grabbing."

I laughed, shaking my head. "The throat is... good, it's just the... joint, near my ears. It's tender."

"All the time?" He frowned, staring down at my mouth.

I nodded, hesitantly letting him into my past. "He broke it once, and it was always a target of control."

The low growl he let out didn't scare me. It weirdly comforted me knowing that he was angry about it. Once again, I rest my hand on his cheek and his eyes snapped back to mine. I felt his arms loop around my waist, pulling me into his chest until we were flush against each other.

"If I ever come across him, I will break every bone in his body." He promised.

I winced, tucking my head into his neck to inhale his scent. I felt him do the same, his nose brushing along my throat before he grumbled softly. Hesitantly, I let my lips kiss his skin, feeling him freeze and shudder when I ran my tongue along the exposed skin.

"Tulip..." He groaned as I sucked the flesh.

My lips curled into a grin, happy I distracted him from wanting to go on a blood hunt. "Cheesecake..."

"Cheesecake?"

I laughed, pushing out of his hold to stand on my feet. "Just trying them out, Butterscotch."

He scowled, reaching out to grab me, but I jumped from his hold. "I prefer my name."

I cocked my head. "Whatever you say, Mousse."

He smirked, standing to his feet, so he towered over me. I edged backwards, trying to escape him, but alas, much like the movies and books, he pinned me to the desk. I cursed, going as far as stomping my foot when I found myself trapped.

"Tulip, you tease me with your lips on my throat, and I may just bend you over and take you right here." He warned.

I shuddered, a thrilling shot of intrigue running down my spine. "How interesting."

"It can be."

I patted his chest, laughing. "Maybe another time, Butterscotch."

"Why? You got plans?" He scowled.

"No, but you do. You are going to find out about the trial, and I want to know if my sister is still alive." I deadpanned.

He slowly leaned away from, observing me curiously. "You want to know that bad?"

"I do."

"I will find out myself."

"You will?" I narrowed my eyes. "You will go there?"

"I will." He nodded. "For the trial, I can try to make it so I am present."

I felt my chest lighten with relief. "Then let's hope it's soon because I fear for her health."

"I will make sure of it." Asra nodded. "I will speak with them today."