"Maybe..." I mumbled, looking away.

"You will have more roles now. I will read to you the basic luna ones, and you tell me what you would find interesting." He explained.

"And what if I don't like most or all of them?" I cocked my head, frowning.

"I think you will like at least half." He responded casually.

I hummed, my interest peaked. "Okay then, Alpha. Please go on."

Over the course of an hour-yes, an hour-Asra guided me through the various tasks and roles of being a luna. I hated to admit it, but I did like quite a few.

"So... I get to arrange parties?" My eyes widened with delight. "The décor, the food, the company?"

"Yes." He chuckled. "I will help with the guest lists, of course."

"What else?" I beamed, writing it down.

"You can set dinners for the weeks with the chefs, but you already do that." He narrowed his eyes.

I grinned, shrugging it off. "Fit for the role, I say."

"Help in the nursery with pups, care for women and pups when they need it."

"Pups? I have seen no pups here..." I frowned.

"There hasn't been a pup born in about eight years." He shrugged. "Not a lot of mate pairings in my pack."

I hummed a reply, waiting for him to continue.

"Luna's are required to learn medical training to assist in the event of a war, injury or birth."

"I am?" My eyes widened.

"It is an honour for a pack member to have their Luna look after them. You are the heart of the pack, Ailia."

The heart of the pack? Now that was just absurd.

He scowled at the snort that escaped me, and I hesitated, unsure of what to say.

"What is it?"

I sobered up. "How am I, the human stranger, the heart of a pack?"

He sighed, running a hand down his face. "A luna is the alpha's mate, right? She is the shoulder to cry on, the leader of hearts and emotions. She guides the pack, guides her alpha, she supports us all. Many think that lunas are blessings from the Moon Goddess to watch over them. Many think they are a friend. A luna is simply a leader, someone who takes another's hand and shows them the way. How the moon guides you through the dark."

I fell silent, watching the truth conveyed in his eyes. The more he spoke, the more the heavy weight of dread washed over me. My shoulders sank, a frown falling upon my lips as his words sunk in. How was I supposed to lead people? Me?

"You are strong, Ailia. You have proven it on the training grounds, but I know you are strong on the inside. Sometimes, people just need someone to talk to. Being a luna doesn't have to be scary. You would not be my mate if the Moon Goddess did not destine you to be here."

Destiny.

Such a strange subject.

I still can't wrap my head around the whole concept of it all.

"It has taken me this long to get you. I don't see how welcome the pack will be." I muttered.

He sighed, taking my hand across the table again. "They already see you as luna the moment I lay my claim on you. You are Goddess blessed, Ailia. This is who you are meant to be."

"What if I don't want all of that responsibility?" I whispered.

"Then..." He inhaled deeply, looking down at the paperwork. "We start slow. We have all our lives to find out what you like to do, okay?"