Brothers

Mpho was busy washing his car when he got a call from Ali. "Hey my friend. I have a message for a fee." Ali said. "Fuck you Ali. I will be there next week to collect my money." Mpho said hanging up. Ali called again a few times and Mpho got beyond irritated with the man. Ali will pay his protection fee just like all the other local shop owners. Excluding his parents shops obviously.

"What?" Mpho yelled. "Rethabile Mahapa said she is in Botswana and in trouble." Ali said quickly with a very deep Somalian accent. "Rita? When did she tell you this?" Mpho asked feeling anxious. "She was in my shop and a man came to get her with a gun." Ali said. "Ali you're not fucking with me?" Mpho asked sternly. "No, I will never lie to you my friend." Ali said chuckling nervously. "We on our way." Mpho said hanging up. Rita had never asked them for help before this must be serious.

Mpho was the eldest of misfits and the leader of the gang. He lived with six brothers, and father. He had a very strong bond with his mother and although his father was a trash husband he was a good dad to him. His father was the one who got them into the business and he was still very feared in that world. Mpho and his brothers didn't join this life by choice it was their father fuck up that got his sons stuck in the life.

His father stole from his gang with an intent to fee the country. But his plans failed and his sons had to pay off the debt by working for the gang. Mpho didn't want to at first but when they put a gun to Rita's head who was five years old at the time. He joined the gang when he was only a teenager. All his brothers were offered as soldier. When Mpho hit his twenties he cut off the head of the leader and took his place. He was feared all over Botswana.

Mpho went into the house and send a text to each of his brothers to meet him at their dads house. He had spent the night at one of his many girlfriends.

He had a little community of girlfriends who knew each other. He maintain everyone of them but he just didn't want anything serious. He was honest from the beginning but not wanting anything a relationship. In his line of work you couldn't have a family. It made you weak.

He knew first hand the consequences of falling in love while you're in the life. His high school sweetheart was gunned down at their matric dance because he was having a feud with some crime bosses son. That was when he switched off his emotions and started focusing on working to get his brothers out. But, no matter how much he tried to get them out they loved the life and wouldn't leave him alone.

The first to arrive at the house was Amogelang who was known as Amo around the streets. He was a freaking hardheaded bastard. Always in some kind fight. Mpho was convinced his skinny brother had nine lives cause the man had been shot numerous times and declared dead twice but here he was walking with a beer bottle in one hand. He walked over to Mpho and gave him a hug and waved at his father who was sitting at the porch. "What was so urgent." Amo said taking a sip of his drink. "Rita is in trouble" Mpho said getting to the point. "Fuck. Are we going to SA?" Amo asked "Nah, she is in Botswana." Mpho said calmly. "Okay. You tell me what I gotta do." Amo said smirking. "We gonna kill those fools who took her!" Mpho said grimly.

In less than an hour the whole crew was at the house. Mpho, Amo, Tau, Tebogo, Kgosi, Thato and Kabelo. They were all making calls and getting info. Amo confirmed their worst fears when he confirmed that Rita was indeed in the country. There was a Nigerian drug dealer keeping her hostage. He was also very affiliated so getting to him would be hard.

Their mission was very important but difficult. Rita was never told about the back story for them joining the gang. She hated them for being how they were but they couldn't blame her. They had always protected her from the darkness of their worlds but at times it would touch her. Like being told by stranger that her brothers killed their family members. She was always sheltered from the horrors of their family. Mpho would stop at nothing to find her.

"I got the location for the meeting. That is our only option at saving her." Amo said. "We prepare for the worst but no matter what happens. Rita comes out alive." Mpho said looking at his brothers in agreement.