Chapter 10

Sophie's POV

I sat in my desk chair, and I was very early. No one was even here yet.

"Hey Sophie." I yelped. Or at least I thought so.

I turned around to see Fitz, my boyfriend. It still felt weird to call him my boyfriend. But not in a bad way, but like a way that I obviously still haven't gotten used to it. Fitz smiled and walked up to me. We had gone on a date this weekend and we shared our first kiss together. And maybe sneaked a few after.

He placed a small kiss on my lips and I felt my cheeks turn red as I kissed him back. And too soon we broke apart.

"Good morning," he said, a grin on its face as he kissed my forehead.

"Good morning. What are you doing this early?" I ask. He pulls a chair and sits across me.

"Woke up early. How about you?" I shrugged.

"I just wanted to. Glad you're here because over the weekend we did get something from the mic. I don't actually he was wearing the suit himself, because his voice was faint."

"What did he say?"

"I don't know, I was just about to find out." I turned back to the mic and turned up the volume and replayed it.

"Hey man... look I think we shouldn't do the meetings for a while... no I'm not crazy... I got these detectives on my ass and well you see they're doing a case on Candace... Yeah she's the one who died... I'm trying to act innocent as best I can, but they keep on finding stuff and it's making it hard to make up lies just on the spot. And now I don't know what they could be doing to try to get the truth out of me... I know the meetings are mandatory, but I have a feeling the detectives are following me. Even if they're not there, I feel like they're watching my every move... fine, discuss it... bye." Then it turned back to silence.

"So he's on to us." He nodded.

"Right, but we can't let him know that we're onto him. Now because we have the mic we could be able to get more out of him without him actually knowing. Maybe we should let him forget about us, and using the mic we can find enough information with it." I nodded.

"Yeah. We can investigate the evidence that we found but didn't you hear him saying the "the one who died." And he talked about he was trying to be innocent for us so that has to mean his guilty. But I still don't understand. We found Candace in a river, with bruises and scratches that still could have been from Richard. No spots of blood where a bullet could've been. I still don't understand how that could happen." Fitz stayed silent.

"Yeah. But now that we know John is guilty we need to glue the pieces together. There's no way they could've just done something to Candace without maybe like killing her. And we're still unsure how she ended up in the cave. I'm unsure she would've stayed in one place for a week straight. I think Sal's prediction might be correct. Maybe she fell off somewhere while on her run and ended up in the river. The currents would've pushed her away."

"It still doesn't connect to how John could've been part of the murder."

"I think we should visit Richard or Brianne. We could ask them when Candace last saw John."

"Maybe he poisoned her?" Fitz shrugged.

"Don't you think she would've just collapsed? If we're right and she had fallen over the bridge into the river I doubt she would've gone over it and landed in the water. And what about the scratches?"

"Well if she was actually by the water she could've  collapsed in the water and she would've died from the poison. And the scratches could still be from Richard. Maybe she tried covering it up with foundation or something and it washed off because of the water." I say.

"Both are reasonable but the way John talked about it was like he was the one who caused the murder himself. And what about the other people on his wall?"

"Well I'm sure if he could get him to fess up about Candace, he would talk about the other ones." Fitz nodded.

"But how do you think he could've actually done it?" I shrug my shoulders.

"And how could he have possible stayed alive for over 80 years or so and still be looking young?" Fitz asked.

"Do you think it was from the club he's in?"

"Maybe. It would make sense, but how do you think the club could be involved?"

"I'm not sure, although I think it's high time we pay a visit to Richard."

~

Hey guys! Welcome to the 10th chapter! Sorry it's been a while but I've been trying to add more Sophitz as I can in these later chapters. I've been getting comments on adding more Sophitz, but I'm trying my best! Thank you for almost 800 reads! Thank you all for reading, voting, and commenting! Byeeeeee!