Chapter 4

(Time skip to the 19th)

Fitz's POV

Sophie, in my opinion, is a wonderful girl. She's sweet, kind, intelligent, caring, and so beautiful. I loved it when I worked on a case with her. I got to spend a few days working with her. Sophie and I were ready to go undercover to the secret club John was in. Why was John even in the club? How did he get in? We entered the car and I started driving to the place of course I parked farther away so they wouldn't see the car.

"What happens now?" I ask.

"No idea. Do you think we can get in?"

"No idea. Not sure how they dress," Sophie agreed and pulled out a loose eyelash, a nervous habit of hers.

"Let's observe this time and next time there's a big event, we can be more prepared," Sophie nodded and we started getting out of the car.

I saw a man walking down the street and I rushed to hide behind a tree, pulling Sophie along with me. She yelped.

"Fitz!"

"Shhh, take a look at the man. He's wearing a suit and a mask. He's walking to the building, I'm 100% he's part of the club." Sophie nodded, and then I realized the position we were in. My back was against the tree, and Sophie's hands were on my shoulders, her chest pressed against mine. We broke apart, our faces utterly red. We hadn't said anything after that and continued looking out for anybody that could be part of the club. We had seen several others, all them were guys.

"Looks like you'll be the one going undercover," I say, turning my focus back to Fitz.

"Yeah, I think that's all we can get from this, let's start heading back to the station," I say. We both started heading back to the car and we soon arrived back at the station.

"Did you see any other dates on the calendar?" Sophie asked when we were heading inside.

"Next week also on Friday," I answered.

"All right, do you own a suit?" I nodded.

"Do you have a mask?" I shook my head.

"Do you really expect me to own a mask?" Sophie shrugged.

"You're rich, you probably get invited to masquerade parties all the time," she said. "Anyways, since you don't own one you'll have to get one at the store or something. Be sure to arrive early and sign in at John Bergs," I chuckled.

"Soph calm down, it's not tomorrow. We still have one week," she sighed and rested her head in her hands.

"Sorry, I don't know why I'm doing this," I bent down in front of her, placing a hand on her knee.

"Are you okay?" She nodded.

"I am... I just don't know what's happening to me," she looked at the ground.

"I'm sorry, I'm acting weird." I smiled.

"You have nothing to apologize for, but if you need a shoulder to cry on or to ramble all your feelings out, I'm right here for you," Sophie smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"Of course, now let's go over what we have already," we broke apart and Sophie nodded.

"All right, adding on to everything else we already know, John's in a weird club, where they apparently only wear suits and masks. It seems like the club is very hidden because the location was in the middle of nowhere." Sophie said.

"Right. But because we can't really add on to that, we should take a good look at that phone you found in John's house," Sophie brought it from underneath her desk and sat it at the top.

"It looks so old," I say. "How do you use it?"

"Not sure. How old do you think this is?" Sophie asked.

"Not sure, how about we search it up to give us a hint." I say. We both looked it up and we were astonished by what we had just read. It was a type of telephone that was used in the 1930's.

"Maybe it's his great grandmother's or something?" Sophie said, still surprised.

"I don't think she would keep for that long. I'm sure she would've thrown it away when the actual telephone was invented."

"So does this mean Candace is right? Every single word she had written was true?" 

~

Hey guys! Sorry if this wasn't as long as the other chapters and I'll start updating a bit later only because I have 2 other books, and because I don't have the next few chapters already pre-written. Thank you guys for 80 reads! I really appreciate it! Thank you for reads and votes! I'll see you all in the next chapter! Byeeee!