Victory - 11

Words: 3688

"Finish strong Willow!" Razor called out, watching as Willow huffed while running. "You have 15 seconds to complete it!"

Willow was absolutely exhausted. 15 seconds left, that's all she had to do. Simple enough, but right when she thought she had it-

"Oh shit—!" Willow tripped. She collapsed onto the hard dirt and rocks, taking an awful landing.

Razor rushed down from the man built watchtower. She ran over to Willow, med kit in hand. She tended Willow, lifting her up and helping her sit up straight. She placed Willow's leg onto her lap.

"Ouch!" Willow sucked air through her teeth, her ankle was stinging painfully. "It's those stupid weight thingies! The ones you made me put on- ugh!" She groaned in pain as Razor removed the weights off her ankles.

"It's not the weight, you've just reached your body limit." Razor wrapped a bandage around Willow's foot, making sure it fit snug and firm. The pressure would help with the pain. "You felt exhausted and your ankle couldn't carry the weight any longer. So you gave out."

Willow threw her head back. "What's even the point of them?"

"I told you." Razor got up, walking away from her and grabbing a nearby wheelchair. It was old and rusty, but it still worked. Razor helped Willow up from the ground and put her on the wheel chair. "The weight is a training method made to boost your stamina."

Willow looked unconvinced, which made Razor chuckle. "You'll understand when you get back up on your feet."

"If I ever do." Willow joked.

"It's a minor bruise, you're being dramatic." Razor shook her head.

"Where are we going?" Willow asked as Razor pushed her outside the training grounds.

"To the medical center. Just in case."

Willow nodded, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Go for it." Razor replied, turning a corner towards the medical center.

"How long have you been at Richmond?" Willow already knew that. But she was hoping Razor would share more of her feelings about the place and where she stands with different communities.

"A long time. Been here since I was a kid, ever since then I've been a part of the military."

"You were fighting to protect Richmond as a kid?" Willow asked, looking back at her.

"Well, yea. But it wasn't until I heard Clementine's story that I decided to become a soldier." Razor's eyes lit up as she spoke of her idol. "If she could do all of that at 13, there's nothing I can't do. Nothing."

Willow sensed a strong determination from her, but also something else. Something that no matter what she couldn't pin-point it. "Have you ever been to any of the other communities?" Willow asked.

Razor tensed up a bit, clenching the wheelchair handles. "No."

"Not even Oak Wood? They have lots of cool stuff there-"

"I said no, Willow." Razor put an end to the conversation, being quite stern.

Willow stopped talking, taken aback by her response.

"Sorry." Razor shook her head, "I'm just tired today."

"Yea. Me too." Willow shrugged it off, hoping that Razor was really just tired and not hiding something.

The two have gotten close over the week. Razor and her found lots of common ground, causing them to be able to talk or train for hours.

Willow in the beginning, tried to pry any information out of her- but nothing worked. She seemed well- innocent. Nothing pointed out any suspicions. In all honesty, Willow didn't want Razor to be guilty. Although her parents would be disappointed with the outcome of not having a suspect- Willow truly felt that Razor was just too respectful to have murdered those people.