Triggers - 10

Words- 3607

Like a child, Louis laid backwards on his bed, with his feet against the wall. He was bored, extremely bored. Usually, he'd be hanging out with someone from Ericsons, but obviously this wasn't Ericsons. And he wasn't the type of guy to just go out and make new friends.

Violet and Kenya were out sightseeing in Richmond, AJ was with Javier playing baseball. Unfortunately, Louis wasn't able to attend because he wanted to be here when Willow got back from her first mission. Honestly, he wished he went with AJ and Javier, because then his mind wouldn't be so worryful.

Louis sighed, now lifting himself up. In all honesty, he thought about Clementine the most. What was she doing? Was she overwhelmed by herself? Did she miss him as much as he missed her? Louis peeked at his wrist, it had a self-made tattoo on it. He smiled looking at it, being reminded of the fun and wild memory behind it.

"So that's how you got that tattoo." Louis commented, rubbing Clementine's hand where she had 'AJ' tattooed. "Pretty dark story, but when are your stories ever fun?" Louis joked, trying to lighten the mood.

It worked, Clementine didn't mind. She chuckled, and shrugged. "It was a long time ago. But, I'm still glad to have this tattoo even if it's connected to a sad time."

Louis nodded, "Yea, I'm sure." The two of them were sitting on their bed, they had just begun moving into the same dorm together. It was exciting- but also scary. Although Clementine was now living right next to AJ, it still felt like it was too far apart. She had never been away from his side ever since she was 14.

He noticed her concerned look. "It's gonna be fine."

Clementine shrugged, "I know. He's a smart boy."

"Raised him well." Louis gave her a reassuring smile. He frowned now, seeing as she still seemed upset about something. "What's up?"

Clementine sighed, flopping onto the bed, and staring at the ceiling now. "I don't know. I guess I never thought I'd make it this far."

Louis flopped down beside her, now looking up at the ceiling as well. "You're a badass. You seriously didn't think so?"

"No." Clementine responded flatly. It was clear that this wasn't a time to be joking around.

Louis frowned, "Well, I'm just glad you are here now."

Clementine and Louis sat in a moment of silence before she spoke again. "I'm scared." She finally said.

To Clementine, it felt like she had just broken down a wall. She never wanted to admit it, especially now. Things were great, it had been a couple of years since they began dating, things were great with the school- everything was completely fine. So why did she feel scared?

"Of what?" Louis asked.

Clementine took a minute to pause, she thought to herself, why? Then it hit her, she was terrified of losing the one thing that made her the happiest.

"I'm scared of losing you." She finally said. She dared not to look at him, it felt embarrassing to admit for some reason. "And I'm scared of losing AJ."

Immediately Louis sat up, looking down at her now. She looked away so he wouldn't see her pitiful expression. Louis frowned, not knowing what to do in this situation. "I'm scared too." Louis replied. "I never really had someone to call family, you know? I mean sure the other Ericsons kids- but that's because I literally grew up with them. You and AJ are different."

Clementine sat up now too, she sighed. "You have to promise me that you'll be safe, everyday you do anything for your survival." Clementine then blinked fast and looked away, and in a sad tone she said, "I really don't want you to become another bad memory."