First Meet - 9

Words- 3578

The group arrived at Richmond. They waited for the gates to open, and in this waiting period Willow nervously gripped her horse's leather strap. This was a big moment for her, just a week ago she was begging Clementine for a chance to scavenge by herself. Now she was assisting in an investigation.

Louis noticed her silence and guided his horse beside hers. "Hey, you ok?"

"Yea." Willow nodded in response. The two sat in a brief silence before Willow spoke up. "Do you think I'll do a good job?" She asked.

"You'll do great, Willow." Louis smiled at her. That smile faded away as he swiveled his head side to side. "Just don't get too close to her. For your sake."

Willow tightened her lips. She remembered what he said in the argument with Clementine. That she would have to witness a friend die for her crimes. He was right, she couldn't get attached.

"You're a likable kid. Funny too. You got that from me of course." Louis said proudly, chuckling.

Louis wouldn't be able to toot his own horn any longer because the metal gates had opened, revealing Javier.

"Glad you two decided." Javier introduced them inside as they tied up their horses.

Louis nodded, accepting Javiers 'bro' hug.

Javier gave AJ a toothy grin. "Damn!" He exclaimed. "You got big! You do like 30 push-ups a day or something?" He also gave AJ a 'bro' hug. AJ laughed, shaking his head 'no'.

"I used to. Now I do like 45."

"Why?" Javier asked, poking at AJ's arm. "You can already pick me and Louis up at the same time with those guns. Besides there's not really an active threat anymore..." Javier rubbed the back of his neck. "...Ah. Actually I forgot, we kinda do considering the type of situation we're in right now."

Javier started walking, causing the group to follow. "When I was a kid, Clem said to put my anger or sadness or whatever into exercise. And I did." AJ shrugged, "It helped a lot. Recently I've been doing more because of stress and shit."

"Language." Javier joked.

"I'm 23–" AJ replied before being cut off by Violet.

"Hey not to be that person or anything but when's lunch?"

"Soon, I just want to get yall settled into your rooms." Javier stopped at a big building. "Speaking of which..." Javier walked up the steps and ushered them to follow. "You'll get your lunch in an hour or so, just relax for now yea?"

"Thanks Javier." Kenya replied, holding Violet's hand as they went up the steps.

Once they entered the building, the group was in awe. They didn't visit much, but when they did they always went to the same hotel. But this one was different, it was quite fancy.

"Oh what an upgrade." AJ looked around the building in awe, same with Louis and Willow.

"Figured we let you stay in a place like this rather than some basic hotel. You'll all be staying for a couple of weeks yea? Might as well give you a nice stay in the meantime." Javier chuckled at the group being starstruck.

The group stood on a red, old, and long carpet that extended throughout the halls. The insides of the building had marble white walls. The walls had become scuffed up over time, but still it was like standing in a whole other world.

"Follow me to your rooms." Javier then led them through a long hallway that occupied many doors. The doors had fancy gold numbers on them, lots of them had scuffs and cut marks, but that's what happens when you're in the apocalypse. Things wore down overtime, but it still looked amazing.