"My father's angry because of us. He won't forgive us until we find that book. So now I'll go and find it." Plagg flew in front of her in protest. "May I remind you that you're actually grounded?"

"Y/N is, but Kitty Noir isn't." she grinned at him. "Plagg, claws out!"

She jumped up to the window, but before she could jump out her staff signaled that a message had been received. She pressed the play button and the message started. "Kitty Noir, I think I know who Hawk Moth is. Get your whiskers over here, fast!" She was surprised to hear this.

"Wow. I guess the spellbook will have to wait a bit longer." she said, then headed to the meeting place. She jumped from rooftop to rooftop until she finally reached the roof of Francoise Dupont. Smiling, she walked over to her partner, who looked a little impatient.

"Kitty Noir, did you get my messages?" Kitty Noir twirled her staff, then leaned on it and stared at her with a grin. "Yeah, and I can't wait to know more, M'Lady-tective. So, who's the suspect?"

"Gabriel Agreste." she gasped and her eyes widened. She lost her balance a little, but quickly regained her composure. Ladybug was a little worried about her reaction, but then continued to speak. "You know, the fashion designer?"

Kitty Noir turned away from her slightly as she processed the information. "You got proof?" Ladybug was a little surprised. "Uh, um...I can't tell you."

"So, I'm supposed to just accept that?" she was in disbelief. "You must trust me on this. But it all makes sense. Gabriel Agreste is a secretive man, and he never leaves his house. And get this." she said then showed her a magazine on the yo-yo with Y/N ​​on it. "Check out his brand's logo."

She zoomed in on her shoe, which had a butterfly mark on it. "A butterfly?" Kitty Noir's eyes widened again as she remembered a few things. The butterfly sign appeared in many places in her home. For example, on the pattern of the floor or on the side of a flower pot. The more she thought about it, the more it made sense. She was getting more and more worried.

True, her father was a mysterious and cold-hearted man. But could he really do that? Her thoughts were interrupted by Ladybug, who saw the concern on her partner's face and put her hand on her shoulder. "Are you okay, kitty?" She turned away from her and stared straight ahead.

"It's time to get to the bottom of this." she said, then jumped off and headed towards Agreste Castle. Ladybug followed her closely.

Unbeknownst to us, a figure was behind a statue listening to them leave. "My plan is working perfectly."

--------------------------------------

After a while, they reached the castle and then entered the office. They looked around and saw broken statues and ruined pictures of the twins on the floor. "Whoa, what happened here?" wondered Ladybug. "Looks like somebody had a little tantrum."

Kitty Noir walked over to a small framed picture on the floor. The picture was more precisely a drawing that she and Adrien made when they were young. It was her, Adrien, Gabriel and her mother Emilie holding hands.

A terrible feeling came over her as she looked at the broken image. Of all the broken things there, this bothered her the most. That was what really hurt her.

Ladybug walked beside her and was still worried about her. "Are you sure you're okay?" she asked, then she also looked at the drawing. "Yeah. Yeah, let's keep going." Then the blue haired gasped. "He's got children! Let's go check their room, make sure nothing's happened to them." they ran out of the room, but then they noticed someone at the top of the stairs. "Where's Gabriel Agreste?"