chapter 8: talk with Nezu

Izuku wakes up early the next morning to find Eri cuddled up on his chest.

"Eri, it's time to wake up." Izuku says gently.

"Hmm, five more minutes daddy." Eri says making Izuku chuckle as he picks her up exiting the room with Eri's head resting on his shoulder." As they make their way to the kitchen to see Inko already cooking breakfast with all might setting at the table.

"Morning Mom, morning All might."

"Good Morning Izuku, morning young midoriya." They both say.

"Morning Grandma, morning Grandpa." Eri says rubbing her eyes sleepily, making both Toshinori and Inko smile as inko comes over with two plates of eggs, bacon, toast with apple butter, peeled bananas and two glasses of milk.

"Thanks for the meal!" Izuku says clapping his hands together as Eri dose the same.

"Thank you grandma." She says as inko smiles kissing her head.

Your welcome sweetie, now eat up both of you." She says setting down next to all might as Melissa enters the kitchen already dressed with her bag ready for class.

"Good morning everyone." She says grabbing her plate of food that inko had already prepared.

"Morning Mommy." Eri replies with a smile making Melissa blush, still not used to being called that as she sets down next to Eri and Izuku.

"Where's papa?" Melissa ask confused as to why Dave isn't here.

"He's working on a project in his workshop, I'll take him breakfast." Toshinori says as Melissa nods, her father over working wasn't out of the ordinary.

"So young midoriya, as you know the first round of the tournament starts tommrow, who ever wins well make it to the final round Friday, will train until about 3, Melissa also has class for about the same time, so Inko well waich Eri until then, after that your free to do what you want for the rest of the day." All might says.

"Okay, I was thinking of taking Eri to the beach." Izuku says as Eri eats her food."

"Oh, that sounds like fun, I'll come with you!" Melissa says smiling.

"I think I will as well." Inko says believing it will help her take her mind off of what's happening to Izuku.

"Alright then, young midoriya head on out to the training field, I'll be down there shortly." All might says as Izuku finishs his breakfast, before standing up.

"Right!" He says determined making Melissa giggle before he turns to Eri.

"Eri, I've to go train and get ready for the big day tommrow, be good for grandma and we'll go to the beach later okay." He says smiling.

"Okay daddy." She says as Izuku kisses her horn before leaving.

"I best be off as well, I don't want to be late." Melissa says kissing Eri's cheek before heading for the door.

"Bye, Eri, Bye Uncle might and Ms, Inko." She says leaving closing the door behind her.

"As Eri finishs her breakfast, inko picks up her plate and glass before putting them in the sink.

"Toshi, why don't you take Dave his breakfast, I'm sure he's hungry after being up all night." Inko says as All might nods.

"What's wrong with grandpa shield?" Eri ask confused.

"Nothing young Eri, he's just working." Toshinori says rubbing her head, before getting up and kissing inko. Before going to Dave's workshop.

David shield has been working all night, trying to put together a blue print for a new machine or fusion chamber as he calls it but so far none of the parts he has well work.