Backyard Shenanigans

The sun was shining and birds were singing. Another day, another opportunity for adventure. Fall was quickly coming to an end as the year began to grow cold. Meepa took one step outside, and stretched before turning around to yell behind her.

"Ok everyone, time to go out and play!"

"Out?!"

"Play!"

"Aunty!

"Meep! Meep! Meep!"

Meepa then stepped off to the side away from the door and watched the stampede of kobolds, clad in winter scarves, run out into the backyard to play until...

"Eep!" One blue female kobold was grabbed by the scruff of her neck as Meepa picked her out of the group. "Mmmm...Misha, where's your scarf?"

"Ehehehe..." Misha dangled about before Meepa let the baby-bold go so that she could run back in. Before long, Misha came back out again with a scarf around her neck. "Ya?"

"Mmm...ok you can go now sweetie.~" Meepa said as she gave a kiss onto Misha's head.

As the season was entering winter, Meepa thought it'd be a good idea to let the babies out for some fresh air before Yuletide rolled around and they'd have to stay inside, in the warmth of the nursery.

As Meepa kept an eye on the baby kobolds like a proud mama, she noticed three little figures scurry past her feet, it was Safi's pet rats. Darko, Milko and Choco.

"Mamaaaa!" Speak of the devil. Not long after, Safi came up behind her, wearing her pink scarf and gave her mother a big hug. "Ohooooooh - sweetieee. 🥰"

After hugging her mom, Safi ran off to go play with the other babies. As usual, Hekka and Leah were once again doing their own thing. This time Hekka was running away squealing in happiness from Leah as they were playing tag. "Hekkaaaaaaaa! Sloh dooown!"

"Waaaaahahaaaeeeeee!" For a chubby baby, he was deceptively faster than a much more athletic Leah, who could barely keep pace with him.

"Hmhmhmhm silly kids. 🤭" Meepa held back her laughter as she watched the scarlet and green duo chase each other as Leah finally touched Hekka's shoulder. "Ha! Taaag!"

"Mmmmm! Waaaaah! 😤" Hekka puffed as he turned around and took off chasing a giggling Leah. All around them, kobolds were playing around with various toys scattered around the yard from stuffed animals to a frisbee or a giant wagon, there was something for everyone.

Darko was having her own fun, playing a game of tag of her own design as some of the babies tried to catch her but she kept outmanoeuvring the clumsy stumbles of the babies.

"Heheheee! Dako!"

"Darkoooo-oof!"

"Squeak!"

"Daaaah-koooo!"

"Squeeeeak!"

Each time a baby kobold dove towards her, Darko would use her shadow magic to dash out of their reach, causing them to slide onto the ground.

The kobold quadruplets were tossing a ball around each other. Meanwhile Misha was using her little hands to tinker with some kind of windup toy using Choco's equally little tools while Choco himself sat on her shoulder watching her.

"Aha!"

Eventually, the windup toy began to move and play its cymbals with a noisy clanging tune. Misha then held it up above with a triumphant smile while Choco clapped his paws in congratulations. "Squeak squeak squeak!"

Meepa looked at Misha with curiosity, the little blue kobold has been oddly close with Choco lately, just like how Mocha was very fond of Milko, who both wield the same type of magic.