The Blursed Plushie

A burly bearded human sat at the counter of his shop, squinting his eyes to read a small piece of paper in his fingertips. "Hmmm...let's see...that'll be...15 gold coins for ya groceries." The man said with a grizzled voice.

"Squeak!" A black rat sat on the counter as she heaved the sack on her back towards the man, pulling out a pile of coins. The shopkeeper counted the coins, slid the piece of paper back to her and placed a small basket of grains and seeds in front of the rat.

The basket was so big it was nearly double the rat's size but undeterred, she lifted the fruits above her with all her might, jumped from the counter and scurried off with the basket. "Heh, even a rat can pay better than some'o me customers, comical." The man says with a gruff chuckle.

Not long after, another customer walked to the counter as she watched the rat leave with the goods. "Is that...normal?" She asked. "Mhm, she comes often. Weird but I've seen worse. 10 gold coins please." The man replies as he continues to serve his next customer like clockwork.

Meanwhile...

The merchant district in town was as bustling as ever but today was a perfect time for some shopping and tea. Which was exactly what Safi and her rats were doing.

Safi had gotten all her necessary groceries to last them a whole month. All they were waiting for now was for Darko to return with the grains and seeds.

Milko simply snuggled on Safi's lap as the kobold watched Choco tinker on a wind-up toy the size of him on the table. After a few minutes of cranking and gear moving, the wind-up toy began to march in circles on the table.

"Squeak squeak!" Choco chittered in triumph. Safi giggled and gave the brown rat a pat on the head as the toy continued to march on the table. "Hehehehe, good boy Choco."

"Squeeeeeeaaaak!"

"Hm?" One of Safi's ears twitched when she heard a distant squeak. When she turned to look, there amongst the crowd was a basket moving about. No doubt she knew it was Darko but to her, it was still quite funny to watch her carry the comically large basket above her head.

When she finally reached the base of the table, Safi took the basket in one hand and Darko in the other. Giving her an affectionate squish and kiss. "Squeeeeek..." Darko purred, melting into her hand.

"Hehehe, thank you Darko." Safi replied to her purring. With everything in order, Safi wheeled out a small wagon full of the other groceries and placed the basket of grains and seeds with the meat and vegetables.

"Ok. Come Rattos, we go home now." Safi called and immediately Choco and Milko hopped on top of the wagon of groceries as Safi placed Darko on top of them to form their rat pyramid.

With everyone set, Safi pulled the wagon through the merchant district, the bazaars full of various goods and spices filled her senses as she walked home with the wagon but something caught her attention.