Chapter 41

"This is quite impressive, Ithzarus. Capturing the legendary hero while his little sword spirit was in the nearby area. I'll have to reward you for your efforts." "Thank you, my lord. But that is hardly necessary. What seems to be an impressive feat to you was actually quite simple. It didn't take much effort with the way things were. Our poor little hero was tuckered out from his long and painful transformation into one of our kind, and his little guard dog was out on an errand at the time. I did have to cut down one of their friends to accomplish my goal, but fortunately he didn't possess much strength." "Still, this gives us the advantage. I've already summoned the Demon's Blood Rain with my magic, and it is weakening every demon as we speak. That includes Ghirahim. Now if you'll excuse me, I must put the next part of our plan into action." "Of course. I shall accompany you."

Link lay silently; listening to their footsteps as they walked away. The sound of a big, heavy door being closed echoed throughout the room. He opened his eyes. The room was being lit by only a few lanterns, making it difficult to see. He sat up. The stone floor was cold and uncomfortable. To his left were several vertical steel bars keeping him confined. To his right was a small wooden bucket and a large wood plank being held to the wall by chains which Link chose to assume was a very poorly made bed. 'Yup. My assumptions have been confirmed. This is definitely a dungeon cell. Wait! Where's Ghirahim? I didn't see any sign of him. I hope they didn't kill him... Escaping would be the best thing to do now; who knows what terrible plans they have for me?' Link stood and approached the steel bars. Taking a closer look, he noticed a lock. Slowly, he slid a finger through the bars. Nothing happened. 'Good. No kind of magic barrier here! This makes things easier. Now I just need to unlock the door...' He thrust his hand into his bags, rummaging through them until he came across a thin needle. 'Perfect.' He inserted the needle into the lock, moving it around carefully until he heard a quiet click. He pushed the door open and stepped out, returning the needle to his bag. 'That was easier than I expected. Do they really underestimate me this much? Not sure if I'm happy about that. But anyway, time to escape.'

Ghirahim's thoughts were only of his master as he ran through the forest of leafy blue plants. He didn't want to imagine what awful things they could be doing to his beloved. he pushed those thoughts from his mind; listening to the sound of his quick footsteps and the sound of the rain falling into the long blue leaves of the vegetation around him. As much as the unusual rain hurt him, the plants seemed to be unaffected. 'Nng... So painful... Never before have I been forced to endure such intense suffering... The burning only gets worse the longer I'm out here... There's no doubt the king is responsible for this dreadful downpour. What could he be planning?' By the time the demon lord reached the forest's exit, he was completely drenched. Still, he continued towards the floating island. Teleportation takes a lot of strength, which was no problem in the past since he received energy from Demise. Now that his old master is gone, Ghirahim's power is limited, making teleportation very difficult. 'Just need to get closer...' He sprinted forward until the shadow of the island above surrounded him. Panting from exhaustion, he summoned forth all the strength he could muster and teleported. The sky island floated above the dark clouds. The rain was no longer an issue to the demon lord. He appeared on the island in a flurry of red diamonds and collapsed. Laying on the ground, he closed his eyes to rest.