Chapter 17

Link awoke the following morning to discover Ghirahim missing. He sat up, glancing around for him. A moment later, he heard the deep voice of the demon outside, shouting at something. He got up, exiting the cave quickly. "Ghirahim, what is it? What are you shouting at?"  His eyes landed on Ghirahim who was chasing some sort of little creature around. The creature was about the size of a remlit, and was covered in white fur. It had two tails which intertwined with each other, and large, brown eyes. It was hopping away from the demon on it's four feet. Link noticed the creature carrying Ghirahim's blue earring in it's mouth. "Stop there this instant, you wretched beast!!" Ghirahim shouted angrily. The creature noticed Link standing there, and quickly hopped behind his legs. Link scooped the animal up into his arms, taking the earring from it. "Ghirahim, what is this?" Link asked, inspecting the strange creature. It let out a small cry. "Aoohhh!!" "It's a type of snow demon, a "harach"... They take great interest in any shiny object they find. Utter pests..." Ghirahim put his earring back on, glaring at the harach. "Seems pretty cute to me." Link said, scratching the thing behind it's ears. A low purr emitted from the creature. "Come now, Master. It's time we leave. Now." Ghirahim began walking in the direction of the summit. Setting the demon down, Link pet it one last time. "See you later, little guy." He followed after Ghirahim, eager to reach the peak.

The two reached the peak a few hours later. Link shivering from all the snow that had fallen off trees and onto him. "The shrine should be located around here... Hmm..."Ghirahim said, looking at his map. Link glanced up, taking notice of the gorgeous ice palace that Ghirahim somehow didn't notice. Link tapped his shoulder, walking towards the palace. "Hmm? Oh! Why, there it is. Excellent!" Once they reached the building of ice, Link pushed on the doors, receiving a puzzled look from his partner when they remained shut. "They won't open. Can we melt the doors off or something?" Ghirahim shook his head. "The palace houses the sacred shrine, therefore, the entire structure is protected by magic. It can't be melted." As Link started thinking about their next move should be, he heard a strange noise. "Aoohhh!" It was the harach they had seen earlier. He ran up to Link, jumping into his arms, shaking with fear. "What's wrong? Are you ok?" Link asked the little demon. His question was answered as a monstrous ice demon climbed up the mountain side, glaring at the harach with menace. 'Guess it's battle time.' Link thought, as he drew his weapon, charging towards the beast.