Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Fanning Embers

Bennie glared at Kevin, Jazz was about to kill Kevin, and Gwen just observed curiously.

"What? I thought you could transform pretty boy, All we got was a light show, freakin' fakes, It probably some dumb rich kid Bennie saved a while ago and they devoted their lives to being like her."

Kevin mocked Danny, Earlier Kevin thought Danny having a working Omnitrix would put him in a dangerous area since they weren't friendly towards each other but now that he realised Danny was a fake, He could do as he wanted.

Kevin's head was now filled with questionable thoughts about the female twin.

Danny was silently observing his body he could now recall various information about new abilities being fed by the Omnitrix directly towards his brain.

'Interesting.'

Suddenly he shuddered and his sclera turned black while his irises remained a beautiful shade of blue.

"Oh?"

Danny now had blue Insect-like wings that could wrap around his whole body, with every breath he took a visible trail of cold air could be seen he flapped his wings and turned intangible.

"Interesting truly interesting."

When Danny appeared talking as if he had a sore throat he was standing behind Kevin.

"What's up with that?"

Jazz asked Danny about his incomplete look from what she knew, He was supposed to turn into an Alien just like Bennie.

"Well, my... Omnitrix doesn't only let me transform into aliens with different abilities, It also allows me to decide if I want to retain their physical appearance or not, Moreover after transforming, Information about what I transform into is fed into my brain, Truly remarkable that all the settings on this thing I'd like if I didn't know better, I'd say it was made specifically for me, I'd love to find the creator"

Danny said with a raspy voice before he flew towards his sister and Bennie who looked at him before turning to give Kevin smug looks.

"Can we go now?"

Kevin didn't say a word to Bennie's question, he instead silently turned back and decided to focus on the mission, He made a fool out of himself earlier and now he felt stupid.

Chromastone, Jazz and Danny with the couples crept forward hiding so neither the forever knights cloaked in red nor the shady people would catch them.

"How did you even find this place?"

Chromastone wondered asking Kevin, If it was a secret, He shouldn't know.

Kevin was prepared for his question "Ah, Some old buddies told me about the gig, and they needed someone strong to be the middle man, But I refused since I don't work that way anymore, they pleaded but I refused, I'm guessing they got someone else to fill my spot."

Danny and Jazz raised their eyebrows, They had done something like this, Selling weapons, it was one of the ways they built their fortune so they knew something was wrong.

'He's lying.'

Both of them realized.

Gwen looked proud that she had changed Kevin for the better, while Chromastone rolled her eyes.

"Stay alert, It's starting."

Jazz reminded them turning serious when she saw a greem-black cloaked figure floating down from the sky on a green hoverboard.