As Sven reached the ground floor, he abruptly stopped upon seeing Esme, still not accustomed to her daring maneuvers.

"Is something wrong with Ely?" She inquired before he could speak.

"We need to find her." That was all the information Esme required. Pointing in the opposite direction, she signaled for Sven to search there while she covered the other side.

If Sven was this agitated, it meant the situation was serious. Reasons could wait; Esme needed to ensure Ely's safety.

They both hurried in opposite directions, scouring the entire school, but Elysia was nowhere to be found.

Sven raced out of the school's main gates, frantically searching. Both hands raised, gripping his hair in desperation as he scanned the surroundings.

Where was she?

Unable to locate her, he rushed back to the school to get his bike but abruptly stopped, halting in his sprint when he saw Elysia walking towards the school's main gate.

His lips parted in visible relief at the sight of her safe and sound. As she approached, he wet his dry lips, raising his hand, ready to wave at her, but he froze upon noticing the blank expression on her face.

In a daze, she moved toward him, and he followed her steps with his eyes. His heart almost stopped beating when she walked straight past him, completely unaware of his presence. Sven blinked, his lips parting in utter shock.

She... She knew!

Sven's hand dropped to his side, and he turned around, watching her stroll away aimlessly. His eyes wavered with an unexplainable feeling inside his chest. After all his desperate attempts, she still learned the truth, and that too in a cruel way.

His steps resumed, following after her. Elysia walked for hours, passing through the streets in a daze, unaware that Sven was walking behind her the whole time, just a few meters away, tracing her path.

She stopped by the bridge, placing her hand on the railing as she walked. Sven mirrored the action, quietly tracing her hand marks with his fingers gently.

When she reached the park, Sven stood silently behind her, hearing her weeping and praying. His jaw clenched, hands forming fists by his sides, and stormy eyes fixed on Elysia.

From the very first day he met her, everything about Elysia Lawson was beyond limits—her naivety, sensitivity, sincerity, loyalty, devotion, genuineness... Then how could her love be within the limits...?

Sven feared this day, that's why he always tried to put some distance between Elysia and Ares but it happened regardless.

They say the pain of your loved ones hurts you more, and today he knew it was true. Elysia was the one shedding tears, yet he felt like every single teardrop of hers fell on his heart.

He tried hard to not fall apart seeing her like this, but he did...tears flowed silently from his eyes, his chest aching. This hurt was worse than when he first realized his feelings for her or the pain of not seeing her the past week.

He intended to let her cry to her heart's content once and for all, but when rain started, he couldn't take it anymore. She always caught a cold easily and she seemed to had no intentions of moving herself.

He looked around, searching for something to cover her but he found nothing. Then his gaze landed on Elysia's bag, lying on the ground beside her shoes.

He stepped forward and picked up the bag, covering her as much as possible. When Elysia looked up, realizing he was there, he couldn't meet her eyes and looked ahead, unable to endure the pain in them.