𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 - 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴

Olive unlocked the door to her brand-new apartment; Ro was right behind her with a couple of boxes in hand. Ro could only stay a few minutes before she had to catch her train to Penn State. Olive pushed open the door, seeing boxes already inside from the other roommates she'd have. She grinned upon seeing the apartment. "I can't believe I'm here."

"Wait until you experience New York winters. You'll be wishing you stayed in California." Ro said as she set the boxes down. "Looks nice – for a New York apartment near NYU." She shrugged.

Olive just continued to grin at the sight. "And you denied living off campus." Olive shook her head. "You're crazy."

Just as Olive set down the box in her hand, one of the students came out of his room. He saw Olive and Ro standing there, a grin came across his face. "Hey!" He waved, kicking the cable that was in his hand back into the bedroom. Olive's smile started to fall – not because her apartment was co-ed, she knew that, but the was suspicious. "I'm Kimber." Kimber walked towards them. "You must be Olive Moon-Lee."

"I-I am."

"Oh, don't worry, I haven't hacked your account to find out. My brother works for the school and found out who my roommates were gonna be." Kimber grinned at the girls. "Are you Jessie Cartright?"

"I am not." Ro shook her head. "I'm just dropping over Olive and heading up to Penn State. I'm just the best friend. Rosalind Cooper, but everybody calls me Ro." Ro held out her hand for Kimber to shake.

Kimber continued to smile. "Well, it's real nice to meet you. I hope you don't mind I pick the room with the best windows. I need 'em for my set up."

"Set up?" Olive questioned.

"I'm a computer science major, I needed the space." Kimber shrugged.

Olive looked around at the boxes. "Are these all yours?"

"Yep!"

"Ro-"

"Have fun." Ro said, patting her best friend's shoulder. "I got a train to catch. Text me when you're fully settle." Ro made a beeline for the door. Olive was unable to catch her before she ran out of the dorm. Olive kept her thoughts to herself as she turned back to Kimber, a fake smile on her face.

Olive knew that Ro still had over an hour before her train even arrived – she just got the fuck out of there before Kimber showed them anything. Ro had good timing too, 'cause Kimber started chatting about what was in the boxes. Olive regretted asking, despite Olive thinking Kimber was good looking.

"What's your major?"

"I'd like to go to med school."

"Med school?" Kimber whistled. "Damn, you must have gotten top of the class then." Not even close, Olive almost didn't get into NYU, but thankfully, after waiting forever, Olive got accepted into NYU. "Well, pick a room before Jessie and Adrien arrive. I'd say the room at the end of hall has the worst heating but the room across from me has the biggest closet." Kimber stated.