𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 - 𝘬𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘴

TWO YEARS LATER

Sergeant Kai Moon adjusted the earpiece in his ear before adjusting his helmet.

"You good?" One of the NEST agents asked.

"Yep." Kai was short with everyone right now – he should be meeting his girlfriend, mother, and sister in New York to help Olive set up her room. But no, NEST had a mission that was dire the complete. Coming to Shanghai was the last thing Kai wanted to do that day, but it was too late now.

"He's just pissed 'cause he can't see his girl." Robert Epps said. Kai added nothing to Epps' comment. "By the way, when are you puttin' a ring on her hand?" Epps asked.

"Epps, I swear to God-"

"They haven't even said I love you yet." William Lennox said.

"Seriously?" Kai hung his head. "It's been two years."

"Can we talk about this later?" Kai asked. He really didn't want to talk about his relationship with Rosalind Cooper in the middle of an active mission. Even if they were waiting for confirmation from the NEST headquarters at the Pentagon. It was bad back before Kai and Ro started their relationship, the teasing that Epps and Lennox did just to get under Kai's skin was enough. But now that they were two years into a relationship, the topic of marriage and children came up.

"Just sayin', two years and you still haven't said I love you?" Epps asked.

"And how many of your relationships have failed?" Kai fired back.

"You-"

"It's go time." Lennox said. Kai was thankful for that – he didn't need to discuss his relationship with Epps and Lennox again until they got back to the hangar where their helicopters were. "All right, listen up." Lennox said to all the agents. "China's cover story on this one is "toxic spill." They had to evac the area for search and rescue. This makes six enemy contacts in eight months. We gotta make sure this one does not get out in the public eye, so keep it tight." Lennox explained.

Keeping all this from Ro was hard for Kai – she knew he was a part of NEST, but everything else, Ro didn't know. She knew that the Autobots were the ones helping out the military and about the treaty. The only Autobot that wasn't involved in NEST was Bee and that was with his own choice on the matter, he wanted to stay with Ro. Although Ro moved to Penn State the summer everything happened. Bee had to stay behind with Olive and Van, which he didn't seem to mind while Ro completed her first year of college.

However, the second year started, and Bee was lonely without Ro. She was supposed to take him to Penn State with her last year, but seniority got in the way. As far as Kai knew, Bee would be going to Penn with Ro that year.