Part 42

Groaning, I try my best to roll away from the hand rubbing my back, not wanting to be awake with the banging that is currently occupying my head. The same banging that has been driving me bat-shit crazy for the last two weeks.

Ever since we got home from LA, I have felt like a bus has run me over, and I am sick and tired of this shitty cold. I am the biggest baby when I am sick, and I think Taylor has caught on since I can't sleep through the night without waking up drenched in sweat and coughing my lungs up.

"Come on, baby. You need to wake up. We are supposed to be at the Lake House in two hours to help Teddy paint the baby's room before you leave for the tour, and all get too busy. Mick and Teddy have already texted like a billion times to find out when we are coming. They are now blowing up my phone since you're not answering," Taylor cooed softly, her hand moving to my head as she massaged it slowly, making me realise a happy sigh.

"No. Sleepy time," is my muffled reply as I stuff my head further into the pillow, not wanting to get up. "Baby, you have been in bed for a week now. Will you please see a doctor? You never sleep in like this. I can count on my hands how many times I've been awake before you, and they have all been since we got back from LA," She asks softly, making me groan as I finally sit up. Being awake is better than Taylor trying to convince me to see a doctor. I don't want her to think I'm dying or anything. She has more important things to worry about, such as keeping our baby happy and healthy.

"No need, I'm up. I am feeling so much better. It must have just been a delayed cold from New Year's. I'll shower, and then we can go. We can even swing by town and get those pastries you love for the drive, the ones with the apple in, since you and Squashy love them so much. I think Cara is going to be there so we will need our energy. I am sure she and James will find something petty to fight over at some point today. I was thinking we could stay the night there. I have an appointment in London, and I was thinking you could hang out with the twins, and I'll take the helicopter. I'll only be gone the day, and I will be so busy you'll be bored if you come. Plus, I don't want you and Squashy doing more than needed. Are you sure you'll be okay painting? Is that alright?" I explain, forcing myself out of bed as I ignore the sudden dizziness and move to the bathroom, Taylor following behind me with a look of worry. I think I might get Oscar to drive us there. I would hate myself if I drove like this and risked something happening to Taylor.

"Yeah, that's fine, baby. I already have some clothes in your room, so I'm easy. Squashy would love some apple pastries right now. And I already told you the doctor said it was fine for me to paint when I called and asked after the fourth time you asked me that. What do you have on tomorrow? I don't remember seeing anything in the calendar?" She asks, making me shrug since my mouth is full of toothpaste. We are now that couple who have a joint calendar. Since both our lives are so hectic and planned out, it's just easier that way, especially now that we have Squashy to think of.

"Just some meeting I couldn't do online. It's nothing too big. It's just meeting with a new brand that wants me to do an endorsement. I don't think I'll do it, but Lanie says I should take the meeting anyway. Hopefully, it will only take an hour, and I'll be back before you can even miss me," I grin once I spit out the foam from my mouth.

Earning a shake of the head from Tay, she leans over to kiss me softly. "I always miss you when you're not by my side. Squashy misses you, too; they're nicer to me when you're around. Now get ready. I'm going to check that the girls haven't disposed of Castle while we were sleeping. I'll get him ready for the drive," she mumbled before walking out of the room.

"YOU'RE HAVING A BOY?" Mick screeches excitedly as Teddy and James bring the paint into the empty room, making me grimace as the sound bounces around my skull, a new wave of coughs washing over me, momentarily distracting everyone. "I told you we shouldn't have jumped in that lake," I grumbled, thanking Tay when she passed me my water bottle. We have decided to hold off on telling everyone about Squashy for now. Today is about Teddy and his baby, and we don't want to step on any moment. Plus, I was too busy being excited to tell them while we were in LA.