Part 11

"What kind of cookies are we making?" Taylor asked, walking close to me as I pushed a trolly around the aisle, Gates just a little in front of us with a basket pretending to shop while Greg followed behind us. 

I had tried to ditch them on the drive over, not understanding why we needed a babysitter to come with us for a quick shop, but it turns out Greg is quite the driver and managed to keep up. He should give some lessons to the guys because I am constantly ditching them. Actually, maybe not; otherwise, I'll never find myself alone again. I should really have a race with Greg at some point, maybe in some faster cars; that would be so cool. I wonder if I could talk him into that—bet I could.

"Definitely red velvet cookies; they're Cora's favourite. Then I was thinking, don't tease me, we could make blue cookies and white cookies because then we can pretend that they are like American patriotic cookies, even if secretly I will be telling everyone it is the British flag," I confess, throwing some flour into the trolly as Taylor just smiles at me, clearly biting back a laugh at my idea. 

Although I don't care as much as I thought I would. When Taylor teases me, it's always out of a place of friendliness, not mocking." Sounds like a great plan; I have a fantastic recipe for white chocolate cookies, so we just need to figure out what we can do to make blue cookies," she cheered, no mocking in sight as she pushed the side of the trolly slightly, letting me know to go down a specific aisle as I threw some sugar in. "I was thinking blueberry, lemon and poppy seed cookies with the essence of a Smurf," I teased, throwing in the blue food dye to show what I really meant, which earned me a laugh as I added red dye for the other cookies.

"I have to admit having you around is a great ego boost," I confess as she sticks some eggs in the trolly, earning me a confused look. "You may be the only person I have ever met who actually finds me funny," I mumble, making Taylor chuckle as she shakes her head and continues through the shop as I follow behind her like a baby duck. "Who told you that I find you funny, Andy? I am only laughing to protect your feelings. We wouldn't want to dent your fragile ego, would we? Plus, most of the time, I am laughing at you, not at what you are saying," she teased back, making me bite back my own laugh, instead groaning exaggeratedly as I shook my head at her, pretending to be upset by her words as I grabbed my chest in mock pain.

"Lies!" I protest dramatically, which earns me a wave of laughter as she shakes her head in protest, proving my point because there is no way she can fake a laugh like that. "You may be able to fake a laugh and a smile Swift, but I can see the laughter in your eyes. You can't fake the twinkle in your eyes that you get every time you laugh at my jokes. I know you think I'm funny. I also know you think I'm hot, but that is a whole different thing," I taunt, earning an eye roll and a shove as I finally cave and laugh.

Gates turns around to check on us, a knowing look on his face as we make eye contact, which has me shaking my head at him. I just know he is going to tell Joey, who will then proceed to mock me and tell the twins. Before long, they will all have some grossly misjudged idea over my new friend, emphasising the word friend, ship with Taylor. Honestly, Gates and the guys are more like spies for the twins than anything, constantly passing on all sorts of details so that the twins can tease me.

"Why are they here again?" I groan to Taylor once Gates turns back around, earning a slight shove, as she takes the trolly from me and continues down the aisle. "They are here to protect us," she explained, shrugging, making me groan. "From what? A lemon?" I ask, picking a few up as I playfully throw them into the trolly. "Yes. If you knew, why did you ask?" She quipped back, which had me groaning, as she chuckled. See, I am clearly the funny one out of us. 

"Honestly, Andy, you have had at least one guard with you each time we have gone out; why are you in a mood about it right now?" She asked, seemingly more interested as I added even more blueberries to the trolly, which was filling up quickly. "I just like to pretend I can do things normally sometimes, I guess. I miss home already," I shrugged. She has a point; I should be used to having a muscly shadow by now.