Part 10

Taylor's place is bloody fantastic.

She had offered us all our own rooms, but given how many people she had mentioned were coming in the next couple of days for her Fourth of July party, I figured she didn't have enough rooms for us all to have one each. So, we had insisted that two rooms would be perfect for us, and the twins could share, and I could share with Cora, or we could do some other figuration so that the other people she had invited over could be comfortable and not have to double up. She seemed uncertain about it, but after we got Cora to use her puppy eyes, she agreed, despite insisting that since we were here first, we should get a room each.

No one can say no to Cora. It is physically impossible.

In all honesty, after spending close to ten years pretty-much touring none stop, in a crappy tour bust, living on top of each other, the twins and I are more than used to bunking together. Not to mention Cora loves sharing a bed with one of us. She is a massive cuddle bug when she is sleepy, and if she had her own room, she would probably still end up in one of our beds, regardless. So, sharing rooms wasn't that big of a deal.

I was slipping in through the back door after working out on the beach when I bumped into Taylor, literally. 

"Why are you always sweaty when I see you?" She teased, making me grumble as I shook my head at her, slipping my headphones out of my ears and hanging them around my neck. "Because you keep seeing me after I work out for hours," I shoot back, whipping my face on my t-shirt, which is also around my shoulders, leaving me in shorts and my sports bra, my sunglasses on my face and cap now facing backwards. 

What can I say? I'm obviously a cool kid. 

"Why all the working out?" She asks, moving back around the counter as she cooks something; if I had to guess, I would say breakfast. "Got to keep fit; never know when we are about to go on tour. Plus, it's a great way to clear my mind, just me and some music; it's peaceful," I shrug, making her hum, probably aware of the pressure to keep fit all year round. "I have a gym in the house; you didn't have to go workout on the beach. You are welcome to use anything in the house. I can show you where the gym is later if you like?" She offered while mixing something in a bowl.

"That's a kind offer; thank you, Tay. But I honestly enjoyed it out there. It's not often I can workout on a beach. Plus, it wasn't that kind of workout," I dismissed her offer with a shrug. "If you prefer running, there's a treadmill in there. It's pretty much fully equipped," she adds, although I just shrug my shoulders. "Not that either," I add, which has Taylor looking up at me with interest. 

"Well, what sort of workout was it then?" She asked, which had my ears burning red slightly. "Promise not to tease me?" I ask although I know she will, regardless. Everyone does when they find out. "Promise," she replied, looking at me as she waited for my reply. "I was dancing; it helps clear my mind," I shrug.

I genuinely thought Taylor was going to tease me about it. So, when no teasing followed my words, I looked up only to find Taylor staring at me with a soft smile. "You dance too? This is what I meant the other night. You keep getting better and better," she replied, making my ears burn even more. Stupid, blushing ears. "Started when I was little. I used to hate it, but as soon as I was allowed to stop, suddenly I loved it. It became an escape; I guess," I shrug dismissingly.

"Something tells me you are just being humble. You have to teach me at some point. I am sure you have heard all about what an awful dancer I am. What kind of dancing do you do?" She asked, seeming excited, which had me chuckling under my breath. "No, really, I'm not that good either. Plus, you always look like you are having fun while you dance, and that is all that matters," I shrug, not wanting to get into the details. I think Taylor understood that as she hummed before whisking whatever was in that bowl.