Chapter 6

Olivia's POV

Play song when you get to the *

I have been writing my own songs for as long as I can remember. My mother would swear I never started talking, I only started singing. Since a young child I would make up these crazy lyrics in my head that never made any sense and perform them for my family. Nobody in my family ever had any ambitions when it came to music. My whole family was made up of doctors and nurses and your normal everyday people. I was the only one that had this strong love for music. Harry and I spent a lot of time writing songs together at my parents' home. When Harry's career took off, he would always mention that my turn was coming up next.

Writing my music is like therapy for me. It's like keeping a diary of all my deepest emotions, fears, and secrets. Stella would say I write a book about my life through my song lyrics. Every time she came home to our shared house in London, and I wasn't at work she knew I was hiding out in the attic with my keyboard or guitar. When we first moved into the house, we had turned the attic into a makeshift music studio. Stella and the twins agreed that I needed my own escape place to write my music and not be interrupted by the three girls who were always up to no good.

Stella had jumped up and down when we had first decided to move in together with the girls. I had waited until the girls turned 18 to move back out of my parents' home so that I could take the girls with me. When I mentioned to Stella my plan, she immediately started saving up with me so that we could get out of the toxic household as soon as possible. It wasn't a few months later that we packed up and moved to the city into a small three-bedroom shack.

After I took off earlier, I went straight for the car with Stella not far behind me. She got into the driver's seat and drove us straight to my house in silence. The whole car ride I sat in the car trying not to puke with the tears streaming down my face.

The second we got home I headed straight for the bathroom with Stell hot on my heels. After I puked up the entire contents of my stomach and cried on the bathroom floor for about an hour it was time for us to head to the studio. I picked myself up just like I always do and cleaned myself up before heading out the door.

I didn't expect my life to take such a turn when I woke up this morning. The guy that was standing in front of me not even two hours before is the complete opposite of the person I once knew better than myself.

He stood there with a smug look on his face in his white t-shirt and black jeans. He had a lot more tattoos than the person I used to know. Even his body language along with the words he said to me were a foreign concept to me when it comes to him. All the made-up scenarios made up in my head couldn't come close to what seeing him was like today.

We were in the car now headed to the studio with Stella driving as she didn't trust my driving skills in this moment, while I am so lost in my head.

"Are you going to be able to get through this, Livi?" Stella questions.

"I'm going to have to."

"I'll turn around now, and we can go home and eat all the junk food you can imagine."

I smile at Stella although I would love to go back home, we both know that I need to get this off my chest.

"I need to do this."

"I know you do."

We pull into the parking space and get out of the car, and I lead the way into the studio that I have been recording in for the last few weeks. As soon as we enter Zayn stands up not sure how to handle the nervous wreck standing in front of him.