the CEO office

"okay so , here's your task for today Alina " my manager hands me the to do list
"And we have a meeting with the higher management at noon"

I nod.

"Make sure to be on time, there's no second chances here "
I watch him leave with a smile , I'm sure that wasn't an assuring one.

No second chances here

I remember my chairman's words ,  A01 that's what they call him, the first AI CEO  for a corporate. No one's allowed to interact with him alone , he always has two vampire looking wanna -be- Lucious Malfoy( from that famous classic series)secretaries with him they have long white hair and yes they wear white suits, thank God they don't have a stick .

And me spawning out of nowhere in HIS cabin was definitely the most epic shit ever.
I thought of the quick flash of his eyes, hypnotic indeed and how his eyes kept changing colors.

Forget it!
It's not like he's real

It already bothered me that I don't fit in this world and there was an unusual unrest in my body , a yearning for peace , a yearning to live in the cottages or anywhere away from materialism.

The weather was fully vibing with me, grey, gloomy , it looked like it would snow anytime.

I open my laptop to begin with the tasks , lucky me it's 2045, AI only helps in accounting , it doesn't replace us, at least not til next 20 years.

____________________________________________________________________________

"Pfffff"

I'm supposed to be in a meeting with the higher management in 5 and I'm already tired.

"On time "
My manager checks his watch ,don't make me talk about the features of 2045 smart watches.

"Yeah" I smiled

"Now go ahead" he points to a room that's said CEO office.

Wait what??

"You said we have a meeting"
Is everyone crazy here or something?

" 'We' stands for the company the company CEO wants to meet you, I guess anyone would feel they're lucky if they were at your place"

Dang , no , what.

"Why?" Is all I managed to say.
One of the white haired secretary shows up , I didn't notice the door opening.

"Maybe get inside and find out" the manager says , after handing me over to the secretary.
The secretary looked around 40 and he didn't have a cold expression , instead he smiled the entire way to office.

As I get in I see the other secretary sitting where the CEO was supposed to sit, and when I took a seat after I was told to sit, I could see where A01 was, behind the secretary who faced me, and the CEO faced in the opposite direction.

Why would he stare at the wall instead.

"Afternoon "

"I'm Emmanuel and this is Henry incase you want to address us"

Both of them sit together with The CEO facing the wall and it almost looks like some demonic ritual, except people don't believe in God anymore here.

"Good afternoon" i replied

Nothing feels good.

"Sir says you have met him before "

I try to keep a straight face.

"That-that was a mistake"

"We're not here for that " Emmanuel chuckles

"We want to know what exactly did you see, I know remembering things from week before can be hard, but I'm sure you know I mean"

"Something unusual about their eyes, you can thank Meghan for that"

" See?" It was so confusing but then I understood as soon as he mentioned Meghan the programmer , i hate it when i forget the corporate environment isn't for talking, chit chatting, every friend you make is your new enemy.

I can't blame her, she herself must have found it worth talking about.

" Only saw..the color changing , their eyes changed from blue to green and it faded"

"That's, that's fascinating, isn't it" he himself looked surprised as if that's not something he's used to

"You know the original eye color given to them was 'amber eyes' "

That made my heart skip a beat, i then understood why it was so much of a big deal.

"Changing from blue to green is something we can't discuss right now " Henry for the first time spoke.

"But it's something you're not supposed to talk about either, you know nothing about how A01 model was created, why it was created and what can go wrong if rivals come to know about it's weaknesses and strengths and you miss, I apologise for being harsh ,could be a potential strength or threat".

"I don't understand sir" I was on the verge of tearing up.
It's only been a week and I'm a threat ? For being a witness to colours??

"Trust me you're better off without understanding, but just know that you're not being fired, you're in fact an important part of our developmental program "

I wasn't sure what happened, i felt a mix of emotions and the fragrance in the room wasn't helping , it lured me to feeling good whereas the questions i had going on were exploding in my head.

"Before you leave , we apologize for any inconvenience"

I gave a weak smile and started walking away , i looked back for the last time and this time CEO had turned his head a bit , he didn't look at me , but it looked like an attempt to try not to look at me.

___________________________________________________________________________

Before I could celebrate my survival.

I noticed the bizarre mistake I had made once again.

I was so nervous I was fidgeting with my watch the entire time and good , now i left it there .

Wow.

I'm gone coz i can't go back.

ErrorOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara