(d) six

It took everything in me not to blast my power and erase her existence. There was a part of me that regretted seeing that mark on her shoulder and wished I could turn back time. Perhaps if that was the case, I wouldn't have to hear her talking about her and Ryker. I wished I could erase that part of my memory so that my chest wouldn't feel all the pain I was currently feeling.

I gave it my all to push away the pain and concentrate solely on Adelina. She could be lying for all I knew. It was possible that she'd simply had rough sex with a wolf that wasn't Ryker and she'd only said that to piss me off because she knew she couldn't possibly fight me and win.

My thoughts must be apparent on my face because the next second Adelina opened her mouth and informed me all the details about her so-called night with Ryker.

"He's big, I have to say. I thought I wouldn't be able to handle him." Adelina let out a small giggle, which didn't suit her at all as she was fifteen years older than any schoolgirl. "But dear god, he knows his way on the bed." She shook her head. "Well, on the walls too, and on the floor. My back still had scratches from last night. I mean, we were at it for hours. He only left when it was dawn. I've never been with anyone quite like him. His stamina, though, has such a short recovery time. I wonder if all werewolves could go at it—"

"I don't want to hear it," I cut her off, taking a step back. All of a sudden, the inside of Adelina's cabin felt so suffocating. "You could be lying for all I know." I made my way to the door, not giving any spare look in her direction. "It certainly wouldn't be the first time."

"Look around, girl. Do you think all of this mess happened by itself?" An incredulous tone rang in Adelina's words and I stopped in my tracks. Since the first time I'd walked into her cabin, I had indeed noticed that most of the furniture had been messily rearranged and that her curtains were torn. Never would I imagine that it was because of Ryker. "We were so hard at it that we ended up trashing my place."

At a lightning speed that I hadn't known I possessed, I was once again in front of Adelina, looking down at her. I had both of my hands on her temple and my magic was already on its way to her mind. Whether she was speaking of the truth or not, I was going to find out once and for all.

"It won't work." Adelina's mouth stretched into a cat-like smile. She knew what I was trying to do, and she knew that it was pointless. "I've told you these runes will prevent you from doing anything in my mind."

Just as she'd said, it didn't work. I glanced at the runes on her arms before fixing my gaze back on her. "What happens if I cut your arm off? Will the tune still work?" I asked, tilting my head to one side. I watched Adelina's smile slowly disappear until there was no trace left.

'Do it! Cut her arm off! Do it!'

I pulled my left hand away from her temple and then summoned a ball of red smoke again, but this time, I focused my mind on making the red smoke morph into the shape of a sword. "Shall we give it a go?"

Adelina's face went paler than her teeth. "N-no, please n-no. D-don't cut my arm. Please."

'Do her one better. Suck her dry. Leave her with nothing. Get her power. Get her youth. Get everything from her.'

The voices inside my head grew louder as my left hand became nearer to Adelina's arm. At that moment, there was absolutely nothing I wanted more than to suck her dry. The temptation was real, and it was damn tempting.

'The world is a better place without her, anyway. Remember what evil things she has done to you. To Ryker. To Eros. Remember what she just told you today? She was with him last night. After he left you, he must've gone there, and she seduced him. Suck her dry. Leave her lifeless. You'll do the world a service by getting rid of her.'