Chapter 1: Oblivious

Hello folks. This is my first attempt at writing virtually anything, and I (sanely) decided to crash land on this insane ship in the middle of nowhere. I am lazy, I procrastinate, and will do literally anything to avoid writing.

Your views, likes, and comments will keep this story going, so please keep pushing me.

Fasten your seatbelts, the angst ride has just begun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always, whenever Shubman sat down to watch Netflix, he spent 30 minutes scrolling endlessly, without a thought in mind and a show in his heart. He vaguely remembered Nisha trying to coax him into watching some show about goblins with swords and brides, but he was too focused on trying to listen to the interviewer on the television trying to joke with Tilak and Ishu and failing to light up his best friend's face in a way only Shubman could.

Sorry.

Ex-bestfriend.

Sorry.

Ex.

The thought still made a fist and squeezed his heart - how life had suddenly gone from technicolor to an overcast grey 8 months ago, how they had suddenly gone from being best friends to something more to....

Nothing.

Shaking his head to get himself out of those thoughts, he opened his mouth to shout for Shahneel to ask for a show recommendation, when Shahneel barged in, with eyes wild and damp and a hand over her mouth.

Shubman had never seen his sister so distressed. He was out of his seat in seconds, grabbing a hold of her and asking, "What, Di? What's the matter?"

"Its, its..."

"Di, calm down. Breathe, please. Do you want some water?"

"No, its..."

"Tell me what's wrong. Now."

At that, Shahneel looked into the eyes of her brother she loved more than anything and closed her eyes in the face of the news she was about to give.

"Di, you are scaring me. Tell me what has happened."

Shahneel could not say a word, for fear of giving way to sobs threatening to break through. She handed him her phone, and waited.

Shubman, still with one hand on his sister to steady her, adjusted the phone and read the words on the screen.

E0768 - Mumbai Patna Flight Crash - No Survivors Reported