Chapter 11 - To Grimwald

(A/N - *Writer might make a rest chapter after this* SIKE. Honesty, right now would be a bit premature for that. So here's the next one. Chapter may be short.)

Continued - The Ar¢hives Era (The 1600s)

[FACT -  Due to their damage avoiding ability, most Immortals lack scars or marks. Though, scars do come when hit by another Immortal or themselves]

The group made their way to Leafton quietly, boarding one of their carriages.

Kar would be driving them the way to Grimwald, however, he wouldn't be accompanying them on their mission, nor providing departure unless requested.

Luther guessed that now was probably the time to grill information from the familiar brunette in front of him, but his mind was a bit too busy for that.

Luther had to admit that his reaction to Allan's reappearance was lackluster, in fact he should have inquired way more about the situation.

He lacked experience, but if Luther had to guess he didn't have all the time in the world to solve what was happening, as both times so far they had all died days after he met the complete group.

He knew it wasn't a coincidence, but In reality, there wasn't much he could do but connect dots and hope something stuck.

So, within the silent carriage of Pitt staring out the window, Kar driving peacefully, and the familiar woman gazing out the same window with the occasional stealth glimpse at Pitt, Luther decided to strike up a conversation.

"Hey" He spoke, slicing through the silence, sinking slightly as both passengers looked at him. He pointed to the familiar one, "I'm not sure about the rest of you guys, but I don't think we've been introduced yet." Luther spoke through an emotional mask.

This got them talking, "Oh yeah, Well I'm Fern, you've probably already met Pitch and Kar." To which Luther was going to reply 'Who is Pitch' until he noticed a not-very-small flinch from the man next to him as she said the name.

Curious, Luther was, but that would need to be asked later.

"You're Luther, right?" 'Fern' asked. "Yes,' Luther replied, and after moments of quiet and everyone went back to sitting silently.

~-~

Long hours passed and the cold air became more noticeable across the snowy landscape.

According to Karr, they would reach Grimwald early into nightfall. And it was getting to be around that time.

The night was shiveringly cold, but thankfully, some genius had a brief thought that just maybe some blankets and coats would do the group of four some good against the cold. That genius was Kar.

And in what seemed like minutes, they passed through the gate at Grimwald, and set down the carriage at the residence that would soon become their mission hub.

With their wigs applied, They knocked at the cold wooden door, to soon be answered by a woman with… pink hair? Kar held out a card to her, "You're in the right place" she spoke as she walked further into the lit home, motioning them to follow.

"I'm Brush, the leader of our team is currently asleep so she left me in charge." the pink haired woman, Brush, spoke.

She continued, "We'll begin in the morning, for now, we should decide sleeping arrangements."

The woman thought for a moment "We have two empty rooms, one has two beds and the other has one, You guys can pick." She laid out

Luther began to think, he didn't really care where he got put, though getting placed with Fern wouldn't exactly be the best fo-

"I choose the two bed one" Fern suddenly spoke, in an almost shouting fashion.

"Okay?" Brush spoke, confused, she just wanted sleep, not to deal with whatever this was.

"Okay, look, just for tonight I will just pair you all up. You two" She pointed at Luther and Fern "Will be in the two bedroom, while you" she pointed at Pitt (Pitch?), "Go to the one bedroom." she spoke, in a tone that wasn't necessarily angry, more of sleeplessness.

Nobody else spoke, minus Kar who asked where he'd sleep for tonight, which was conceded to be the couch in the main room.

The rooms were nice, Luther had guessed since he couldn't really see anything.

There was faint moon light from the window which illuminated the thick blue covers, and gave some view of the bed across from Luther.

"Goodnight" Luther spoke to the darkness, knowing Fern was on the other side. "Night" She spoke back.

It took awhile for Luther to sleep, but unlike in the Ar¢hives cave, he couldn't go outside the room without waking up Kar, or god forbid Brush.

So he simply lay under the faint blue covers of both the blanket and the moonlight, until the darkness overtook him.

~-~

A nightmare stalked him that night, though it was one he'd already seen. These were different from his typical nightmares, they felt more like… replays?

Nothing was altered, it was all the same. A replay of what happened in the cave all those years ago.

Luther woke up in a cold sweat, originally, he was surprised to not have woken up Fern. But he quickly noticed that she seemed to be in her own nightmare, shown by her constant shaking and whimpers.

He woke her up, asked if she was okay, and walked back to his bed after she stated to be fine.

Sleep came quicker this time, on the sacrifice of its dreamless and empty state.

-~-

Morning came in what felt like an eternity later.

Apparently, a meeting was called, and after putting on the provided black pants and brown leather jacket, he headed into the living area.

Everybody else was already sitting down, leaving only the half of the couch Pitt wasn't sitting on.

And as Luther sat beside Pitt, the door opened, revealing an eerily familiar redhead, an exact match of Beatrice Embers.

Luther felt Pitt tense up as she walked in, even from halfway across the couch.

So, he began to think. Luther only had one experience with this system, to which he guesses is reincarnation. But would that make sense with the traitor being here despite her Immortal status?

Last time, everybody had died soon after Luther's arrival, yet everyone is fine here even after almost two weeks.

If it's reincarnation, he wouldn't be able to prove or disprove it, as it's an unfalsifiable claim. But if it's something else, he may be able to get some evidence.

So with those ideas in mind, he set up a list of objectives.

Find the cause of the 'Reincarnations'
Keep everyone alive (If the reincarnations are what killed them.)
(If possible) Find out what happened to Beatrice Embers.

And the last

Complete the heist

He remembered to add, as the past wasn't the only thing he needed to focus on.

"-uther" Speaking of the present, he'd seemed to have forgotten that they were having a meeting.

"Yes?" He spoke quickly, zoning back into the conversation.

Fern was the one speaking, "We were gonna go to the nearby cafe, you coming?" she asked. "Sure" Luther replied.

It was a decent opportunity to get to know each other, as well as a chance to learn more about the 'Reincarnation' theory.

They opened the home's door to the snowy town outside.

[Fact - Immortals are not naturally programmed to have bad sleep schedules, that's just these dudes.]

End of chapter 11

(A/N - Not much to say here, Hope you enjoyed the chapter!)