31

I can't let this happen. I'm watching Silver lay waste to anything that moves as if he were some sort of monster. Chevy is beating some poor guy on the ground while Doug waterboards him. The water level is rising. Nothing is working. Frank won't wake up, not that really should. It would just help silver at this point. I remember the objective, to weaken or kill Silver by any means possible. Including killing heat sources. He's already starting to thaw out and I can't help considering it. But I can't. We're the good guys, we can't cross that line. But the timer is running down and we need to figure something out pronto.

Do I save my team and run? Should we take Frank and Stanley? Do we fight to the death with this psycho? Can we? Can we even run? Decision paralysis sets in, and I'm not even sure if there are any decisions to make.

It looks like I'm going to die here. We all are. The people who are left are getting better at dodging and avoiding Silver and we're handling it well so far but it can only last so long. Even if Silver doesn't kill us, the rising water will. I'm going to die here. But not without a fight.

While a battle cry would have felt great, I almost silently launch myself into the fray to help my friends. If you're going to die, die with your boots on as my dad had always said. I shove Agate away from an oncoming ice spike and fire off three shots at chevy, one catching him square in the shoulder and drawing his attention away from my drowning teammate. suddenly the behemoth of water is focused on me, as well as the shark man with super strength. Not a great day. Chevy fires back at me but again, aloe. It passes right through and while it hurts like hell, I take no real damage. Instead, I throw myself at him to bring it close range. Doug tries to waterboard me but I was prepared and in turn, I do the same to chevy. I wrap my arms around his head and press until they fuse together, effectively choaking him. If doug wants to save his boss then he'll have to let go and make a deal. And if he doesn't then we both die and I take a valuable piece off the board. 

The one with snake arms, I think it was sam(?) tries to pull me off of him but I wont allow it. My lungs are starting to burn but I can take it.

"We need to get chevy out!" Cries the one in shades. This will be fine. I'm ok with this trade off. Suddenly the water falls from my head and I gasp in deep full breaths of air. I look so see who rescued me.

"SLATE!" I choke out, and the tears are either from asphyxiation or relief and I look at my friend.

"This is why I do the fighting" he says as he launches more metal plates at Doug, leaving him in pieces.

"But the synthetic-" I begin before he cuts me off.

"She was in Chicago, another agent picked her up already. Looks like you really needed the help." He says, glancing at the three and a half stooges. I hate to admit i, but he isn't wrong. The group fighting Silver emerge from behind the distant rows of shelves and start moving towards us at an alarming rate.

"Perfect timing, mind stabbing jack frost here through the heart?" I ask him, gesturing towards the crowd as Chevy finaly goes limp and falls to the ground. Tyler's eyes go wide in fear. I don't blame him, because silver looks so unhinged. Maybe its because of the rumors of him being able to kill a hundred people in less than five seconds. Maybe its because he has been elevated and fearing for his power for years. Maybe its because no one ever sees him. Or maybe its because nobody sees him with anything other than a stoic expression. But he is terrifying. Laughing as he launches spike after spike at everyone, an unhinged grin on his face.

Tyler immediately joins in the downhill battle, having little success fending off the ice as it hurls at us all, but its better than what we had going before.

"Everyone scatter, he cant hit us as well from different angles." He shouts over his shoulder and we're all too happy to oblige. Its all over the place. Sam is still trying to grab people, Ed is shooting at us all, and doug is standing in peoples way in the form of several 4'3 clones of himself. He is such a pain to deal with but if we get him small enough, we should have nothing to worry about.