Hell and Back - 67.

Start from the beginning

Hybe really thought they were doing something, huh? Sora wanted to laugh again and she stifled the chuckle attempting to leave her lips, "This is all you got, Hybe?" She hummed to herself. Seemingly normal again as she fixed her blazer and adjusted her pencil skirt, "Pussies." She tossed her hair behind her shoulders and then rolled her neck back, cracking it in the right spot before she tilted her head from side to side to roll the tension in her muscles out.

The truth was, Sora wasn't even interested in Jungkook anymore. She lost interest a while ago when paparazzi followed him, Seokjin and Namjoon to an engagement ring store. Jesus. He wanted to propose? Good on him. Sora didn't have to take part in ruining that. Jungkook would do it all on his own. To think he was stupid enough to go behind the backs of his precious fans and get engaged to a... stripper? Ew. Yeah... Sora decided to let the downfall of Jeon Jeongguk happen on its own.

Part of her knew she was never going to get him anyways. Jungkook was stubborn and when his mind was set on what he wanted, he couldn't ever be stopped. Sora figured that out a while ago and decided that she wasn't going to add fuel to his own burning fire. She would let him combust on his own and would be right there in the shadows watching the flames roar until they were nothing but ashes. 

She didn't care about her previous plans of ruining your relationship anymore. Now it was all about revenge. Revenge because you left her ashamed. Embarrassed. Now it was about instilling the power she had over Seoul. To put you in your place. To send you right back to where you came from.

A useless, meaningless letter from Hybe wasn't going to stop Park Sora.

Grabbing the receiver to her office's phone, she pressed a finger onto a button and waited for the line to ring, the call answering quickly, "Change of plans, my lovely, hardworking editor..." She spoke into the phone, "We're releasing the first set of pictures this weekend." Sora nodded, nonchalantly checking over her manicured fingernails, 

The murmur of someone else's voice on the other line echoed into Sora's ear and she nodded, "Yes, this weekend. After their concert. Actually--" She paused, "In the middle of the concert." Sora nodded once and then hung the phone up, sinking triumphantly back into her seat, "Well played, Hybe." A budding smile began to grow along her lips until she was smiling proudly at her evilness, "But I can play better." She drummed her nails along the glass top of her desk and hummed a tune to herself, eyes on the calendar at her side, reading the date for this upcoming Saturday she had circled in red ink.

...

"Come on, Jungkook. You're off your game today. What's going on with you?" The trainer shook his head in disappointment, "Whatever is on your mind, take it out right here on the bag." The instructor patted over the punching bag hanging between the two of them before holding onto it tight, "Again. Jab. Cross." The trainer nodded as the punching bag began to smack from Jungkook's blows, the sound of boxing gloves hitting against the material of the punching bag slowly but surely growing louder, "Good. That's it. Harder. Rear hook. You got it. Again." He praised, "Lead uppercut. Good job."

Sweat dripped off Jungkook's hair like little rain drops. Beading along his forehead. Dripping down his temples to his jaw. Getting into his eyes and sticking his hair to his forehead. Dripping down his temples. Down his back. Making his shirt glue to his skin. 

The burn in his muscles ached. Making him feel as though his arms would fall out of their sockets at any moment. This trainer was really pushing him today. Sensing the fact that he had been distracted by something. Sensing that something was bothering Jungkook deep within his heart. 

But since this wasn't his monthly mental health checkup with his therapist, his trainer pushed Jungkook in a way that didn't dip into his brain. He exerted his body instead. Pushed him to release the stress occupying his mind and preventing him from hitting his newest PR.