SEASON TWO; warm me up

Start from the beginning

Like her. 

"Great, you're both of legal age to drink," Murphy drawled sarcastically from where he was lounging in the passenger seat. "can we go now? I'm tired." 

"Quit your whiny, you baby." Warren teased, hopping into the backseat with Vasquez. (y/n) got into the driver's seat, and turned to glare at Murphy. 

"What are you looking at?" 

"Sorry, 10k called shotgun." 

"That's true," the boy piped up, appearing at the passenger door. "Why don't you ride in the back for a change?" 

Murphy gave them both a look that could kill, but he went to the backseat with a grumble. With that out of the way, the young woman turned over the engine and set off down the road, enjoying being the driver for a while. 

"Slow down up here," Tommy asked her, putting a hand gently on her wrist. She looked over at him and did as he said, so he could use his sling and take out a few Zs that were blocking the road. 

"Aw, you should have let her run them over!" Warren whined playfully from the backseat. 

"Oh, nuh-uh," Addy disagreed, looking at (y/n) in the rearview mirror. "I have had enough zombie roadkill for one apocalypse." 

"Speak for yourself!" 

Warren was right; it took only about two hours to reach their destination, a cozy little motel tucked between a few large boulders as if they were placed there like a fence. (y/n) stopped the engine and hopped out, pulling her hunting knife out to clear the area. 

Wordlessly, the others did the same - pairing up and checking rooms. 

The main entrance - near where they'd parked - was a large space that included a mostly-empty gift shop and a small reception desk. 

Vasquez jumped over the desk and grabbed a few keys from the wall, tossing them to everyone. In total, there were four rooms. 

Murphy immediately bolted to the first, locking the door behind him. (y/n) snorted, entirely unsurprised. 

Warren and Vasquez took the next, as the remaining four - (y/n), Doc, Tommy, and Addy - made jokes about what they'd get up to that night. Doc told Addy he'd share a room with her if she promised to keep to her side of the bed. 

Addy laughed, and told him she'd catch up with him later - after all, she had promised to get the girl a postcard. The area seemed to be zombie free, luckily. 

"There's only one key left," 10k murmured, looking down at the key in his left hand. (y/n) looked at his cheeks - burning red although he desperately tried to hide it. She smiled, despite feeling equally as nervous. 

Addy glanced at them both. 

"Hey, 10k, you still have my gift, don't you?" 

His blue-green eyes went wide, and he nodded slowly. Addy clicked her tongue as she winked at (y/n). 

"I'll help you pick out a postcard tomorrow morning! Sweet dreams, you two!" 

She left, and then they were alone in the gift shop, not making eye contact. 

"This is awkward." 

                                     ➳(y/n) shoved the door of the room - number 17 - open with her shoulder and stepped inside. She released a breath when she saw the twin beds, separated by at least three feet and a bedside table.