"Hello! Can I please take a look at that watch?" Nora asked the rogue with a smile.

The lady was about thirty years old. She was dressed in a white dress shirt, with a red tie, and black slacks. She was stunned, most likely surprised by having a Luna approach her instead of many of the humans behind the counter.

"Uh... oh yes."

Regaining her composure and giving Nora a real smile, she pulled a set of keys out of her pocket and slid the door open to take the watch Nora had pointed to, placing it in front of them on the counter.

"Thanks."

The lady looked at Adira but quickly avoided her eyes, nervous.

"Relax," she told the lady. "This is humans' territory," Her poor attempt to make her less uncomfortable with her presence failed. The woman simply nodded in her direction giving Nora all her attention instead.

With a soft sign, Nora leaned over the counter, uninterested in whatever Nora was shopping for. She knew Adele and Margaret were keeping an eye on the lady, so she turned her back and looked around the department. She got a strong smell of wood and jasmine coming from her right, when she looked over all she saw was a couple spraying perfume bottles on pieces of paper. She liked the smell, maybe she could get Nora to buy her something.

A moment later, a foul smell came from the same side, and her eyes landed on a rogue, who noticed her as well. Adira recognized the putrid smell of decaying flesh but saw no apparent injuries on the man.

"One in the perfume section." She said and sent a mental image to the other members.

Adira was sure the man recognized her for what she was as he looked at her with the same crazy expression a hunter looked at their prey. Then he shifted his attention to Nora who was distracted paying for the watch she bought. His pupils were blue but there was a hint of yellow around them, he had deep eye bags under his eyes. His light brown hair was long and straight, and, as he smiled, Adira saw his canines growing.

Before she could move, the man winked at her and turned around, leaving the area. Two minutes later, Abigail reported seeing him leave along with a few humans.

"Are you okay?" Nora asked her when they left the counter. Adira nodded, ignoring the alarms going off in her brain.

They left the mall and decided to go back to the pack to have dinner. Adira and Nora sat in the back with Abigail and Matias, Adele and Margaret in the car ahead of them, and Nathaniel and Angel in the car behind them.

She liked her new friends, and they seemed to like her too. When Adira had arrived to their first meeting, late of course, she had not been sure what to expect in her new position. But she was glad they all got along with her almost immediately. They took their roles very seriously and even considered it their best accomplishment; the Alpha trusted them with the safety of his most important individual.

Adira had different views on the matter, but that had not been a necessary topic to discuss.

They were near the border when Abigail stopped the car abruptly.

Adira extended her arm to protect Nora, making sure she didn't hit her head on the seat in front of her.

"Get in the middle," Adira told Nora, who did as she was told. She quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and placed herself away from the window, ducking her head low. Adira also took her seatbelt off and turned her head looking for danger.

In front of them, Adele was outside looking at something in front of their car. Adira saw Angel passing by her door, getting closer to Adele, investigating what caused the sudden stop. Soon, she could smell rogues in the vicinity, unsure of how close they were.