Part 9

When Greyson comes home hours later, him and his father are covered in blood. Running over to him, my eyes scan over his body for any injuries. Finding just small cuts and bruises, I sigh in relief. I go to touch him but he takes a step back, just out of reach. "Let me go get cleaned up first, I don't want to get any of this on you."

His mother looks on with a knowing smile before turning to her husband to check for injuries. He takes her hand in his, placing a kiss to her knuckles. She giggles before she pulls me in for a hug, brushing her cheek against mine. "it was so wonderful meeting you Ava, we hope to see you again soon."

Together they walk away, hand in hand. I watch them until they disappear from my sight before heading into the house. Beginning to clean up the cards, I let my mind wander to Greyson. Could I love him the way he deserves? I would like to think so but I'm not really sure. I don't even know what love is, or what it looks like. I know I have some type of feelings for him, I can't help the way my mind and body reacts to him whenever he's near.

Greyson coming down the stairs snaps me out of my thoughts and I turn to look at him. He's a breathtaking sight, walking towards me shirtless, and I have to keep my jaw from dropping. Walking over, we share a kiss before he sits down on the couch. "We need to talk."

Sitting down next to him, I'm nervous from his words. "What happened?"

He leans into me, his nose running across my neck gently. "Your father sent wolves to check our defenses, and I'm assuming to try and pick up your scent. Luckily our guards saw them and we took out the threat." He takes a deep breath, taking my hand in his. "We think he might attack soon, and I want you to be prepared. I will protect you with my life Ava, you are mine and I am yours, I will never allow anything to harm you." I lean into him, allowing his scent to calm me.

"What do we do until then?" Gripping his hand tighter, the fear of my father coming for me settles into my bones.

"Come on, I'll show you." He pulls me so I'm standing and leads me out of the house and towards the training center. He pulls me onto the mat and gets into a defensive position. "You're going to start fighting me."

Getting into the position that Alex taught me, I wait for Greyson to make the first move. Doubt settles in my mind as I know I won't be able to beat him. He strikes first, a hard jab to my ribs that has me tumbling onto the mat.

"I wasn't ready." Grumbling to myself as I get up, I throw the next punch which Greyson easily dodges.

This is how our night is spent, with Greyson giving me pointers and taking me down hard. He doesn't go easy on me and for that I am thankful. I want to be ready for when my father comes, I want to defend the pack and Greyson.

When we finally leave the training center I am covered in blood and bruises and I cringe when I look at them, remembering my fathers teachings. Yet Greyson is doing this to protect me so I look away from the marks and turn towards the man claiming to be my soulmate. He stares at the forest as we walk hand in hand towards the house, both of us having a lot on our minds.

I had gotten a couple of hits on him during our training session and for that I was proud of myself. The hits weren't hard enough to take him down, but they were hard enough for me to realize that I am strong, that I do have strength. I am not as weak as my father made me believe. Every hit that met its mark, Greyson would smile and tell me how proud he was.

When we reach the house, Greyson hold the door open allowing me to go first. It's early in the morning, about seven am and we haven't slept at all. "Come on." He grabs my hand, leading me up the stairs. "You can shower first." He gestures to the bathroom, signaling me to go in.

Heading into the bathroom, I turn on the water and wait for it to get warm. Stripping my clothes, I hop in and sigh as the hot water cascades down my back. "Greyson?" I call out, suddenly having an idea.

It only takes a few seconds for the door to open and Greyson clears his throat. "Yes?"

A nervous smile makes it way onto my face. "Can you come help me wash my back?"

Silence. He's quiet as he makes his way into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. "Are you sure?" He's hesitant, the uncertainty is clear in his voice.

"Do you want me to beg?" I'm shocked by the words coming out of my mouth, my voice deep and seductive.

I hear him taking off his clothes before the curtain opens and Greyson steps in. His eyes are black as they run down my body, taking me in. "I wouldn't mind hearing you beg, mate." His voice is deep and it sends shivers down my spine. My legs rub together, uncomfortable.

He turns my body so I'm facing away from him and I feel his eyes on my ass before he grabs the soap. When his hands start on my back, I can't help the moan that escapes my mouth, the pleasure intense. He growls lowly, clearing enjoying the sounds I'm making. "You're so beautiful."

Once he finishes cleaning me, I turn so I'm facing him. I kiss his jaw before I grab the soap. I trail my hands down his body, making sure to touch everywhere. My hands are on fire, the sparks spreading through my skin. His eyes are closed, low sounding growls tumbling out of his mouth as my hands touch his skin. Once he's cleaned, I kiss him again, the fire within me burning. "I want you." The tone that's coming out is unfamiliar, I have never made this sound before.

He grabs my hands, stopping them from touching him. "Are you sure?" I know in this moment that if I told him to stop he would, but I don't want to stop. I want him, I want my mate.

"I'm sure." It's all the answer he needs as he picks me up and carries me to the bedroom.