part 9: i knew that too.

sebby pov 😭

i walked over by sam, who actually hadn't snored the previous night, which i think was a first, i figured i'd wake him just in case he'd wanted extra time to get ready and prep for our show.

he always wanted to be early, so i thought it'd be considerate.

__—+*+—__

i'd woken sam up by now, and he was getting dressed with clothes that he'd left at my house previous nights, they weren't bad, so i guess that's why he wasn't embarrassed to wear them to our show

y/n and abbie were awake now, too. they were talking a little while abbs got ready.

i'd talked to both of them a little, too. i think that the only people that haven't talked yet much at all would probably be y/n and sam.

"hey, i wanna go for a walk, sebs room air is kinda musty.. can you guys afford to come with me right now?" sam blinked.

i think that he was already done getting ready, which, even after getting ready, he should've been prepping his guitar and shit, but he couldn't do that at my house, i guess.

"i will! i'm fully on board with sebs room air being stuffy, and it's cold too.." y/n flashed me a look.

"i don't think i can, i can't figure out what my hair is trying to do right now." abigail motioned to parts of her hair that had to have been going in twenty different directions.

"and i don't trust abbie in my room alone, you two can go alone, right?" i asked.

sam sighed a little, but nodded.

y/n pov!! (first time in forever)

i let sam lead the way, i hadn't been around this part of town much, only a few times.

"so," sam paused. "i dunno if you picked it up or.."

"what's up?" i asked. he played with his hands, cracked his knuckles, did everything but get to the point.

he seemed a little nervous, i didn't know why, though. i thought i was the actual opposite of intimidating.

"uhh i was-" he exhaled. i giggled a little, and then stopped, because i felt bad.

"abbie, seb and i are playing in zuzu later today, i was wondering if you wanted to come?"

i smiled. it was funny to me that it took him so long to say that. "of course!" i paused. "i mean, it's a little short notice, but i'll be there. you guys are just taking the bus, right?"

he smiled when i said that i'd be there, but i was pretty sure he'd stopped listening there, but he answered my question anyway with a nod.

"mkay, what time?" i asked, he looked down at his hand, which in bad handwriting, i managed to make out;

show time - 5:30
on bus - 3:30
back home bus: 7:30

"uhh- you've gotta be at the bus stop by 3:15- but we're leaving at 3:30." he looked up, he talked a little faster after cutting himself off.

"okay." i watched as he fidgeted with his hands again. "so, i'll see you then?"

"okay! see you then!" he seemed ecstatic, it was cute, actually.

__—+*+—__

i didn't have much to do after leaving seb's house, so i did a few chores, watered a few plants, and decided to head to the bus stop around 2:30.

the weather station told me it was supposed to rain, but all i saw were some slightly dark clouds, and doubted it.

i said goodbye to my cat and gave him a few scratches, walked off of my farm, and walked up to the bus stop.

i sat at the bench in peaceful silence, waiting for at least one of them to arrive, which i doubted would happen anytime soon.

i closed my eyes. i loved silence, the sound of leaves wrestling in the trees flooded my ears in a melancholy way, it felt peaceful.

the clouds that i thought looked light grey grew darker, and rain started to fall along the road.

i opened my eyes to see speckles along the concrete that were larger than i'd expected, rain started to fall harder.

i closed my eyes again. i loved the rain. i heard shuffling on the grass behind me. "hi, y/n!"

"hi sam." i said plainly.

"how'd you know it was me?" i felt him sit beside me.

"well, you don't have a feminine voice, do you?" i quirked an eyebrow.

"i guess not, your point?" i opened my eyes, and saw him sitting with his feet on the bench, his knees pointed upward.

"so you're not abbie, and you have too much energy in your voice to be seb. although," i thought for a moment. "i doubt he'd say hi, he'd probably sit down in silence with me."

"was that a subtle hint for me to shut up?" he joked.

"no, actually. keep talking, it's nice." i smiled.

i enjoyed silence, but uncomfortable silence was absolutely brutal.

"oh." he paused, "well now i don't know what to talk about." he chuckled.

a brief moment of silence washed through until he looked over at me.

"aren't you cold?" he looked confused.

"oh, uhh." i smiled. "i don't really get cold, you know?"

he paused for a second and thought. "kinda?" he laughed a little. "not really, though."

i smiled. he wasn't as nervous as he seemed a few hours ago, it was sweet, actually.

"why'd you show up early?" he leaned over his knees, because funnily enough, i don't think i've ever seen him sit with his feet anywhere but on the chair.

"why'd you?" i countered. he thought for a minute.

"i don't know, actually, heaven knows pam wouldn't show up early to get her bus ready." he made me laugh.

"you're funny, you know that?"

he smiled back. "mhm, it's nice to hear someone say it, though."

"your ego is so high, d'you know that too?"

he smiled.

"yeah, i knew that too."

—————————————————————————-
hehe i love sam 🗣️🗣️

not much to say here, i've lost my ability to mindlessly yap it seems 😔😔

anyways, yeah i wrote this in class, and copied it down from my notebook, so yk, i get my best writing ideas in boring classes 😭

ANYWAYS

that's really all i had to say

stream "one (remastered)" by metallica 😍

word count without end message: 1004
word count with end message: 1076

love uuu

-goose <3