part 4: everlong

STILL SEBBY ‼️😍

i hopped on, and she kind of just stood there.

"you gonna get on or what?" i asked.

she paused. "its cold out here."

i sighed. "if you run inside, you know where my kitchen is, i assume?"

she nodded. "robin showed me around when i first moved, i thought you were some kind of basement gremlin."

i laughed a little. "i'll take it, i've been called worse, to be honest. if you go into the kitchen, i think one of my hoodies are on the chairs." i paused. "or the floor."

"okay." she walked back into the house, and when she eventually came back out, i was trying so hard to hold back laughter.

"whaaat?" she whined.

i chuckled. "that's a good look."

she laughed, too. "right?" it was for sure too big for her.

"okay, stop standing there and get on the goddamn motorcycle" i laughed, and jokingly drove forward a little.

"oh my god, fine!" we were laughing quite a bit, it was nice, until she FINALLY got on.

"okay, now play the song!" she wrapped her arms around my waist, which, i should've been expecting, but it made me flinch anyway.

i found the song she wanted me to play on one of my playlists, and played it for her as we were finally able to leave.

she sung some of the lyrics, which i thought was pretty.

come down,
and waste away with me.

i smiled. i loved silence, i loved being alone, but i forgot how nice having someone else so close to you was.

slow how you wanted it to be.
i'm over my head, out of her head she sang.

she imitated the guitar part, it sucked.

and i wonder,
when i sing along with you,
if everything could ever feel this real forever,
if anything could ever be this good again.
the only thing i'd ever ask of you,
you gotta promise not to stop when i say when.

she rested the side of her head against my back, it took me a minute just to realize what she was doing, but it was nice.

by the time we'd gotten to where i'd been taking us, i wasn't sure if y/n was alive or not. i hadn't felt her move in over the half hour that we'd been on the road.

"is this the place?" she smiled.

i hopped off, and so did she. "mhm."

she yawned. "it's pretty."

"right?" i paused, and looked at the view of zuzu city. it was breathtaking. "i've never taken anyone else up here with me."

she giggled. "glad that i was awakened by your creaky ass floors, then."

i walked over to the edge of the little point we'd been standing by, and sat down, she followed me, and sat right next to me, her legs dangling off the edge.

we sat in comfortable silence for just a moment.

"you're really pretty, you know that?" i looked over at her.

"you think?" she smiled brightly.

"yeah, i do." i paused. god, what am i saying? "i know you have a boyfriend, and all, so don't take that the wrong way."