How to Court a Fox

Start from the beginning

"..." 

"You're lucky... Kansen aren't humans, comrade Commander! He would have ripped your weak human body apart."

"I'm sorry," Fubuki mumbles, finding her lap interesting.

"Not me you should be apologizing to." 

Gangut looks at Kohaku with a hint of sympathy, at least understanding he wasn't wholly to blame for this mess.

"*Sniffles* Can shipgirls tell if he's in a rut?"

Looking back at the quietly sniffling Commander with a hint of surprise at her question, "Da! I can smell it; I'm sure all shipgirls can."

Fubuki looks up at Gangut with red eyes, "How does it smell?"

"Hueheheh, like a cold December morning in the gulag!" Gangut takes a deep breath and grins.

"W-what? Gangut, are you blushing, or have you been drinking again?"

"Nyet! He smells like the north."

"The smell is unique and affects everyone differently then?"

"Da, his unique smell attracts all Kansen to some degree, but only the Kansen with animal features would be almost controllable around him."

"Like other Kansen, such as Lady Shinano and Musashi?" Fubuki asked, very interested in the topic. 

No such course or information existed at the Naval Academy. All her years at the Academy, and this was the first time she heard about any of this. Such information could be invaluable to understanding her starter ship.

"Hmmm, Da! Fox girls would go wild for him, heh..."

"What about humans?"

Gangut stared at Fubuki strangely, but a smile grew on her pretty face. "Oh? Asking for a friend, comrade? heheh..."

Fubuki blushed and shook her head in denial.

"From what I understand, the human sense of smell is rather poor compared to ours, but I don't know if humans are affected by a male Kansens rut... It's not exactly a common situation, comrade." Gangut offered any info she could but just shrugged helplessly.

Fubuki was going to ask more, but Gangut grabbed her arm and pulled her away from Kohaku and out the door. 

"What? Hey!" Fubuki yelped, caught off guard.

"Ships approaching, comrade Commander!"

- - - - - - - - - -

The Admiral wanted to cry... This was not what he was paid for!

He was standing on the wooden stage of Azur Lane's largest meeting auditorium and writing on one of his many set-up whiteboards, which, at this point, he was running out of space.

He was an Admiral, not a daman school teacher! Why was he even teaching them any of this romance crap?! And why were they all here? He was only meant to be talking to Queen Elizabeth and the Royal Navy, not every damn Shipgirl on base.

The Admiral could feel the eyes of almost every Shipgirl on Azur Lane in this room. Eagle Union, Royal Navy, Sakura Empire, Iron Blood and others sat in their sections, taking notes dutifully.

He would admit the girls make good students, very polite and quiet but very curious, some more than others, so groaning internally, he turns from his writing, hearing the same person's hand rise for the 10th time.

"Yes, Z23? You have a question?"

Z23 sheepishly lowered her hand, "You mentioned giving a man flowers? From our previous lessons on humans, men don't generally like flowers as gifts?"