TEN

The last event was a game of baseball between the two schools. You and your classmates sat on the bench waiting for the game to start.

You hadn't talked to Megumi since the other night when Noritoshi had come to you with his proposition. You knew the best way to keep him safe was to push him away, even if doing so hurt more than the physical pain your brother could put you through.

You rested your head on Yuji's shoulder until it was time to play. He was one of the first to bat, so you wished him luck and watched as he walked away, leaving an empty space in between you and Megumi.

The dark haired boy turned to you and gave you that small smile he didn't share with almost anybody else. You turned your head pretending you didn't see it and focused on the game.

"Y/N, are you alright?" He scooted slightly closer, leaning forward but keeping his voice quiet to not draw attention.

"Hm? Yeah I'm good." You hummed and nodded, still not turning to face him.

He didn't respond. You could feel his burning stare on you. You kept watching the game, not even glancing over for a second. But your mind was racing with thoughts of Megumi.

"Y/N," he spoke, his voice more stern than usual.

"Oh look at that, it's my turn to bat!" You practically jumped out of your seat and ran to grab that bat.

You took a deep breath as you walked up to the plate, clearing your head. You positioned your body to swing. You tapped the bat on the plate before bringing your arms up, steadily holding the bat and staring down the pitching machine the Kyoto students said was Mechamaru.

The ball shot out, barreling towards you. Right as you went to swing your bat, you felt an intense pain in your arm as it jerked, causing you to miss the swing.

"Strike one!" They called out.

Your confusion was cleared quickly when you looked to Noritoshi on the field. The smile plastered on his face was evidence to you that he had manipulated your blood once again, forcing you to miss.

You both knew that you couldn't do anything about it. You couldn't call him out, there was no proof, and it would put you in even deeper trouble with the Kamo clan. 

"You got this, Y/N!" Yuji encouraged.

You smiled at him and repositioned yourself to bat again. You focused harder this time. Maybe if you tried to control the blood inside your body you could counter Noritoshi.

When the ball shot out you focused all of your strength into your arms. Again, you felt an intense pain, but this time it was in your gut. You flinched, missing your shot.

"Strike two!"

"Fuck," you grunted, grabbing at your stomach and glaring towards your brother.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" Megumi had jogged over to you, concerned.

"I'm fine." You snapped, you were already pissed off and didn't want to have to deal with this situation.

"What's wrong with your stomach?" He tried to place his hand on your arm but you pulled away.

"Nothings wrong, Fushiguro. Leave me alone, I need to bat again." Your voice was stern, you saw the confusion on his face but he obliged, leaving you.

You repositioned yourself one last time. At this point you had no hope in scoring a point for your team. You took a deep breath right before the ball came barreling towards you again.

"Strike three, you're out!"

You didn't even swing. You missed the shot and it wasn't even Noritoshi's fault. You dropped the bat, walking back to the dug out.

"Y/N." Megumi's voice was stern, you glanced at him, your face not showing any emotion.

"Fushiguro, you're up!" Panda called out.

You walked past him. He sighed, turning to put his helmet on and walk to the field. He was upset.

Why were you acting this way towards him? Had he done something wrong? Had you decided to pursue Itadori instead?

These kinds of thoughts raced through his mind. Even if you weren't interested in him anymore, he could deal with that. What he couldn't handle was losing you as a friend.

You were one of the only constants in his life. He believed that everyone in his life already had or would one day leave him. Except you. You had always been there. You were his best friend. You had never treated him this way before, so why now?

He had no motivation to play this stupid game of baseball so when he hit the ball he just jogged towards first base, quickly getting out. He made his way back towards the dugout where you sat, an annoyed look on your face.

"Y/N," he began to speak but you cut him off.

"Not right now." You brushed him off.

Eventually your school had won the game. You didn't stay to celebrate with the others and made your way back to your room. There was a lot on your mind.

You changed into your pajamas and sat on your bed. You started thinking of ways to get out of this crappy situation. If you could control the blood inside your own body, like Noritoshi could, you might be able to counteract him.

You'd tried manipulating your internal blood before with no luck. Maybe talking to Gojo would help, he would surely have some teacherly advice for you.

"Y/N, can we please talk?" You heard a quiet knock on your door and Megumi's voice.

You frowned looking at the door, imagining him on the other side. You felt like such a bitch for the way you had treated him today.

He was too kind hearted. He could barge in here and yell at you if he really wanted to, he did have key. He could come in at any time, but he respected your boundaries too much to do so.

"Y/N?" He called out again with another knock.

You laid back in your bed, ignoring his plea. You brought the covers over your head. You wanted to cry, but what right did you have to be sorry for yourself when you were hurting your best friend?

 You wanted to cry, but what right did you have to be sorry for yourself when you were hurting your best friend?