EIGHT

"Hey. They're here," Maki got everyone's attention.

Megumi, the second years, and you were gathered together for the exchange event. You turned your attention to the group of students walking up to you. Your vision focused on Noritoshi.

"Oh, look. It's everyone from Tokyo together. You went out of your way to greet us? Disgusting," Mai tucked her hair back after her sly remark.

The others all started talking about how Okkutsu wasn't present or how there were two first years joining the event. You didn't even pay attention until Noritoshi opened his mouth.

"Age is irrelevant to Jujutsu sorcerers. Especially with Fushiguro. He is from the Zenin bloodline, but he's even more talented than the head of the clan." He spoke, ignoring your presence.

Mai clicked her tongue in response. You looked over to Megumi, but he was looking at you, ignoring what Noritoshi had said. He was more worried about you.

You gave him a small smile, trying to convey that he didn't need to worry. His eyes shifted away, making you turn to look at what had caught his attention.

A teacher from Kyoto walked up, "where's that idiot?"

"Gojo is late," Panda said.

"Like that idiot would ever show up on time," you giggled.

"No one said "that idiot" referred to Gojo," Megumi tried to defend your teacher.

"Sorry I'm late!" You all turned to see Gojo running towards the group with a huge box on wheels.

"I just got back from a trip oversea, so now it's time to hand out souvenirs!" He excitedly handed dolls to all of the Kyoto students before running back to the box.

"And for Tokyo-" he opened the box, smiling like a maniac.

At that moment you felt your whole body go into shock. In front of you, Yuji had risen from the box. He was really standing there, alive and well.

"It's your departed friend, Yuji Itadori!" Gojo exclaimed as Yuji waved with his stupid grin.

You couldn't move. You couldn't even speak. Megumi was just as shocked as you were. The two of you just stared in disbelief.

Gojo introduced Yuji to everyone else, and then ran off to talk to the principal. You finally walked over to the pink haired boy.

"Yuji?" You spoke, carefully, almost as if you thought he would disappear again if you were too loud.

"I'm so sorry for keeping this a secret, but I didn't have a choice," Yuji climbed out of the box, engulfing you and Megumi in a hug.

"How long?" Megumi questioned.

"Pretty much this whole time. I don't really know why, but I think I made some sort of deal with Sukuna," He told you.

"But you're okay?" You asked, concerned for his health.

"Perfectly healthy," he smiled down at you, hugging just you again.

You wrapped your arms around him, reciprocating the embrace this time. He squeezed you tightly before whispering in your ear.

"I missed you so much." You felt heat rise to your cheeks.

When he pulled away he frowned looking at you. You had tears forming in your eyes.

"I thought I'd never see you again, you brat!" You laughed through your tears, playfully smacking him in the chest.

"Ah, you can't get rid of me that easy!" Yuji laughed along with you.