SEVEN

You and Megumi were running some errands for Maki when you ran into Todo and Mai. Immediately your heart sunk a bit. You met Mai's smirk with a glare.

"What are you doing here, Zenin?" Megumi asked.

"Don't call me that, Fushiguro. You make me sound the same as Maki. Call me Mai," she said, almost seductively.

"We came here with our principal because we were worried about you. Your classmate died right?" Mai continued.

You wanted to punch her right then and there. Her tormenting voice, her condescending look, they drove you crazy.

"Was that rough? Or did you think nothing of it?" She smiled a bit, looking you in the eye.

Before you could do or say anything, Megumi spoke up, "What are you getting at?" He questioned.

"Well, 'Vessel' makes it sound nicer but he was really just a half-curse monster. Having such a tainted inhuman being beside you, brazenly calling himself a jujutsu sorcerer must have been revolting, right?" She giggled as she teased us, "aren't you feeling better now that he's dead?"

You wanted to kill her. You wanted to make her take back those agonizing words. But you knew that's what she wanted. She wanted a reaction out of you, so you stood there not saying a word.

Todo cut in, "Mai, don't bring up such pointless topics. I'm only here to see if these guys are fit to take Okkotsu's place. That's all I want to know" he walked closer to us.

"Fushiguro, was it?" He continued, now standing in front of Megumi, "What kind of woman is your type?" He looked dead serious.

"Depending on your answer, I'll beat you half to death right here." Todo ripped off his shirt as he spoke, ready to fight, "by the way, my type is a tall woman with a big ass!"

"Why would I talk about my taste in women with a guy I just met?" Megumi was completely uninterested.

"Yeah, you're not going to get anything out of this antisocial guy," You pointed at your best friend.

"You be quiet. This is confusing enough already. You'll just make it more complicated." he shot you a glare at your tease.

"Aoi Todo, third year! There, introduction over, now we're friends. Now hurry up and answer. If you prefer men, that's fine too." You almost burst out laughing at the look on Megumi's face when Todo spoke.

He continued rambling on about how a man's fetish tells everything about them. At this point, you wanted to hear Megumi's answer almost as much as Todo did.

"I don't have a particular preference. As long as she has an unshakable character, I couldn't ask for more," you smiled at his response, such a Fushiguro thing to say.

"Good answer, if you would've said something like 'big boobs' I would've had to kill you," you chimed in.

"Shut up." Megumi retorted.

You noticed Mai smiling sweetly over at Megumi. You didn't like it. But before you had a chance to do anything else, Todo spoke.

"I knew it, you're boring Fushiguro," In a flash, he leaped towards Megumi, who had quickly put his hands up to defend himself.

Todo collided with him, throwing Megumi's body back. He wasn't prepared for Todo's sheer strength.

"Megumi!" You shrieked, turning to run after him but Mai wrapped her arms around you, stopping you.

"Poor Fushiguro," Mai tormented, "even a second grade jujutsu sorcerer is nothing to Todo. I'll have to comfort him later," Her words stung.

"I thought you two were similar, but that's not the case at all. Maki is a hundred times prettier." You wouldn't let your disdain show on your face as you spoke to her.

"I'll teach you-" suddenly Mai held a gun point blank to your stomach, "how to speak to others," she angrily spoke.

You couldn't even watch as Megumi and Todo fought. You hadn't brought any blood bags with you on your errands today and were pretty much useless in hand to hand combat, making it extremely easy for Mai to beat you up.

As you laid on the ground you noticed Maki come to your rescue. As she talked she distracted Mai from you. With all your strength you snuck up behind her and put her in a head lock.

You kept squeezing her neck, remembering what she had said about Yuji and what she insinuated about Megumi. It ticked you off to know that she said those things even though they were blood cousins.

Before you could do any real damage, Todo walked up. You loosened your grasp and jumped up from the ground, adrenaline powering you.

"Where's Megumi?!" You worried.

"Don't worry, the others are with him," Maki calmed your nerves.

You turned quickly on your heel to run where you had seen them fighting. You didn't care about Mai or Todo anymore. Megumi was sitting on the ground, his head bloodied.

"Oh Megs, are you okay?" You rushed over to him, crouching down and placing your hand on his shoulder.

"I'm fine." He was angry.

He didn't want you to see him so easily defeated. He didn't pity himself too long before he noticed how bruised and beat up you were as well.

"Mai did this to you?" He tried standing up on his own, but you quickly balanced him, placing his arm over your shoulders.

"Yeah, but don't worry, I got her back," you smiled at him, trying to ease his concern.

"I don't doubt that." He chuckled.

You let him lean on you as you took him to Shoko. She did a quick scan of his vitals and body and made sure nothing was seriously wrong. After patching up his wounds he was free to go.

"Do you want to do this exchange event?" He asked you, as the two of you walked back to the dorms.

"Honestly? No. I don't want to see Noritoshi. I don't want to fight Mai again. I don't want you to fight Todo. I'm scared. But, there's another part of me that's just wants to get it over with, and win of course." You giggled at the last part.

"We will. We'll win." The ravenette flashed you a smile, making you blush.

"Get some rest tonight," You said, stopping outside of his dorm.

"You don't want to stay?" He questioned.

The two of you had been sleeping in each others rooms since the night Yuji died.

"Not tonight, if we keep this up, I don't think I'll ever be able to sleep alone again," you shook your head chuckling.

"Goodnight then, Y/N. Sweet dreams. If you need me, I'm here." He didn't want to push you, even though he'd gladly sleep next to you forever given the chance.

He wrapped you in his arms and gave a firm squeeze, careful not to hurt your bruised body. You hugged him back, breathing in his calming scent.

"Goodnight, Megumi." You said into him, before pulling apart and heading for your own room.

" You said into him, before pulling apart and heading for your own room