Chapter - 7

There should be a trigger warning before anyone gets themselves involved in something like this.

Although I doubt that I would leave Junhee on the streets even after knowing the truth, still, a little caution would have been okay. I was just a doctor with simple dreams, and I had no idea about how I was going to deal with all this.

I was about to confront Taehyung hiding such a big thing from me but got interrupted by a cracking sound. I jumped on my seat at the sudden sound of glass breaking into pieces and someone groaning.

I looked behind to see Junghyun standing next to the cabinet, placed by the wall near the entrance of the living room. He was holding his side with his eyes closed as if in pain. The exquisite eighteenth-century vase, which always kept decorated on top of the cabinet - making it look more ornate - was now lying in front of him on the floor, broken into a thousand pieces. When I stared into those pieces, it felt like they were trying to tell me how Junghyun was going to get an earful from Uncle Max for breaking his favorite vase.

Junghyun recovered from the pain and marched towards us. His eyes glowered at Taehyung, who gave him an impassive look. Junghyun towered over him, just then I noticed he was taller than Taehyung by half an inch.

"Why do most of the times you have to do the opposite of what I say?" he shouted Taehyung, fuming in anger.

"Because half the times you are wrong about things, and this is one of those times," Taehyung said and just looked away, rolling his eyes at him.

Junghyun pushed Taehyung by his shoulder, making him stagger a bit.

"You are wrong. It is one of those times when I am hell serious. I have never been so sure about something before." With each word, he poked Taehyung on his shoulder blades. I could tell by the looks of Taehyung that he was getting irritated. I got up to stop them before things get out of hand. I went and stood between them, facing my back to Taehyung. "Stop it,"

Junghyun was about to say something, but I stopped him. I turned back to look at Taehyung and asked him, "Can you give us a moment?"

He looked uncertain, but when I assured him with my eyes, he shrugged and left from there.

"I still had few things to say to him," Junghyun whined as the sound of footsteps retreating got distant.

"Before that, I need to know why did you refuse him to tell me anything?" I crossed my arm over my chest to look intimidating.

He fidgeted with his hands and said, "I don't want another person to get hurt. It was better off not telling you about it. The less you know, the more you are safe,"

I really couldn't understand what he was thinking.

"Do you think keeping me off the grid would be better. What if one day they come back. I wouldn't know how to deal because I don't know who I am going to deal with," I tried to talk sense into him, but it looked like he was not ready to listen to anything.

"I just know I can't risk another life, especially yours. You have done a big favor by saving my sister's life. I can't repay you by putting you in danger," Junghyun clarified and turned around to leave, but I held him back by tugging onto his arm.

"Hyung, now when I know the truth, at least can you tell me the whole thing now. Please, I want to know," I begged him,

Junghyun looked a little shocked as if he had seen a ghost, "What did you just call me?"

I recalled what exactly I said to have him react like that. I called him hyung.

oh, can i not call him that?