Part 4 Act V

Ira and Solomon walked cautiously toward the ruins of the building that Kalor perished in. As the building collapsed, reality shifts, bends, breaks, and reforms. The ground beneath becomes a window in space and time, like stained glass at a multiverse theater.

"When did this appear?" Ira asked.

"Most likely, soon after I evacuated the building. Let's check it out," Solomon said as he began exploring the new rift on the earth.

As he took a step onto the rift, the hole became solid ground. Each step manifested new glass to hold his feet from oblivion. Fractal energy surrounded Solomon's head in a halo shape. He knelt down to examine the glass floor, and saw a different universe. He became a warrior of The Blue Light, the herald of its great reawakening. He became the archangel to strike down The Entity. He saw every moment, from his rise to power and his own unveiling, then branching from his amazement in science, to studying the bones of war.

"This is a clear window to different realities, of who we could have been if we chose a different path, similar to Kalor's shard."

"What is this place, Solomon?"

"This, as far as I can understand, is the window into the multiverse."

Shard
MEN IN VEILED HANDS
PAY THE PRICE OF MAN
FRACTAL SHARDS CIRCLE THE THEIF OF WIVES
THE BRAIN OF MAN AWAKENS FROM HIS SLUMBER OF AETHER
THE WAVES OF SYMPHONY LEVITATE THE SKY
THE THREAD OF FATE REMAINS IN THE FUTURE OF THE SHARD

The Lake of Fire:
"SIBLINGS, I SHARE WITH YOU, THE POWER OF FRACTAL! COME, ASK AND RECEIVE THIS NEW POWER FOR YOURSELF! SHARE THIS POWER WITH YOUR WORSHIPPERS, AND WATCH THEM TEAR THROUGH THE UNVEILED LIKE ANTS!"
- Dialego, God of Trickery, Knowledge, and the End.

On Earth:

Solomon was intrigued of this "window into the multiverse". The Fractal shards surrounded his head, like a crown.

"What does this mean, Solomon?" Ira pointed to his crown.

"I'm not sure. I would need a special someone to look at it. They know a lot about the energies of our universe. If the enemy wished to use the universe against us, then we shall too."

As Solomon made a call, Ira squatted down to look at the glass floor. Her interests in it peaked, when a version of her was shown to her. She, instead of becoming a killer, became a priest-monk. In this universe, she was told that Ira chose a life of peace instead of war, after the death of The Entity. But in this universe, She lead the charge instead of Kalor. She then relized it was a voice that sounded like her own, but not hers, told her this. She shot up, shocked and let go of the trance.

Solomon approached Ira. "So, my researchers are coming to investigate. I suggest you get some of your men down here to guard this place. These Gods, whoever they've become, are always a step ahead. If they realize that we're after fractal too, things could get complicated."

"I agree. I'll send some of my best to guard this place. I'd rather lose a hundred miles of the front to finally get back at Locust and her freaks," Ira said.

Solomon nodded, and added, "I saw that you got a glimpse of another you. I don't know what you saw, but if it was good or bad, just try to remember that your decisions make up you. Don't try to become that person, It isn't you nor it will ever be," Solomon placed his hand on Ira's shoulder, "You are who you wanted to be,"

Ira was stunned, but walked away. She called in the soldiers she promised, but then and there, she needed to walk away. All she could think of was that version of her that was what she wanted: to be at peace. She remembered what happened before she was veiled. She was a monk at a monastery. She guarded the secrets of her church. She was happy. Then, That sore of The Tower erected itself, and The Entity sent his Kloseg against the world, veiling everything. She was betrayed by her own people, sacrificed against the coming storm of Hell. After she was veiled, she wanted peace. But she only sung war from her gargled face. Since she was unveiled, that feeling still lingered, that only war and death and blood could only satisfy.

She only wanted to be free from its hold on her. After a hundred years, it still lingers not in her, but deeper. In her soul, like it was marked or damaged when she was veiled.

She needed to understand the core of her pain. Her suffering. And that would solve her problems. At least, that is what she thought.

Somewhere in the collapsed cities:

The AI whirred to life. The quakes from Kalor's disappearance finally reached it, and the veil fell from the monitor. Lines of code encased the cracked screens, executing code from thousands of years ago.

It mustered only one line: Chorus