[12] The Golden Fleece vs Broken Ribs

En başından başla

His eyes widened when he saw the Cyclops behind them, but he nodded. As Clarisse, Percy and Y/N scrambled across the bridge, Grover began sawing at the ropes. The first strand went snap! Polyphemus bounded after them, making the bridge sway wildly. The ropes were now half-cut. The three demigods dove for solid ground, landing beside Grover. Percy made a wild slash with my sword and cut the remaining ropes. The bridge fell away into the chasm, and the Cyclops howled... with delight, because he was standing right next to them.

"Failed!" he yelled gleefully. "Nobody failed!"

Clarisse and Grover tried to charge him, but the monster swatted them aside like flies. Percy tried rushing him, tabbing the cyclops in the belly, but he wasn't quick enough. The giant swung wildly. Percy got sent backwards 30 feet. His tumbled over and over before slamming into the soft grass. He coughed and groaned, clutching his stomach like he was winded. Anger surged through Y/N viens. He tried to keep his temper in check, but it was no use. His bracelet-sword glowed brightly.

"Nobody hurts my friends like that!" He yelled, advancing on the giant. The giant stared at him, confused.

"Why would nobody hurt his friends?" He rumbled. Y/N didn't answer. His sword glowed intensely, and just before it changed, he hurled it towards Polyphemus. The sword flipped end over end before turning into a large bronze spear. It sailed through the air, before stabbing directly into his big gut. Y/N kept advancing, jumping for his spear. He grabbed onto it while it was still stuck in the giant's gut, causing the Cyclops to yell some more. Thinking quickly, Y/N turned the spear back into a sword. He dangled from the hilt before lifting himself up using the sword. It had the desired effect.

With a strange, schlick! Sound, Y/N and the sword began to slowly slide down the giant's belly, cutting it open like a zipper. Y/N jumped down to the ground, quickly rushing away from the stumbling Cyclops. Polyphemus fell sprawled on his back, dazed and groaning, and Y/N was standing above him, the tip of his sword hovering over the milky white eye.

"Uhhhhhhhh," Polyphemus moaned.

"Y/N!" Grover gasped. "How did you—"

"Please, noooo!" the Cyclops moaned, pitifully staring up at Y/N. His nose was bleeding. A tear welled in the corner of his half-blind eye. And his gut had a massive gash, like a pocket had opened up in his belly. It was a big cut, but the giant somehow didn't desintegrate. "M-m-my sheepies need me. Only trying to protect my sheep!" He began to sob. "Kill him!" Clarisse yelled. "What are you waiting for?"

The Cyclops sounded so heartbroken, like a little baby.

"He's a Cyclops!" Grover warned. "Don't trust him!"

Y/N looked at his hands. What was wrong with him? A child of Hestia, murdering in cold blood? Provided, the giant did try to kill them first. But he was only protecting his home.

"We only want the Fleece," Y/N told the monster. "Will you agree to let us take it?"

"No!" Clarisse shouted. "Kill him!"

The monster sniffed. "My beautiful Fleece. Prize of my collection. Take it, you cruel human. Take it and go in peace."

"I'm going to step back slowly," Y/N told the monster. "One false move..."

Polyphemus nodded like he understood. Y/N stepped back... and as fast as a cobra, Polyphemus smacked him to the edge of the cliff.

"Foolish mortal!" he bellowed, rising to his feet. "Take my Fleece? Ha! I eat you first." He opened his enormous mouth, laughing hartily. Then something went flying over Y/N's head and thump! A rock the size of a basketball sailed into Polyphemus's throat. The Cyclops choked, trying to swallow the unexpected pill. He staggered backward, but there was no place to stagger. His heel slipped, the edge of the cliff crumbled, and the great Polyphemus made chicken wing motions that did nothing to help him fly as he tumbled into the chasm.