51

50k reads🥹✨❤️

To each and everyone one of you reading, voting and especially commenting on this story, thanks a lot❤️❤️

No more A/N and I haven't even proof read aa I can barely keep my eyes open. ( Exams time so it must be relatable)

Stay safe and happy ❤️

.
.

Virat was dejected when his dear friend, the one who got everyone in the U19 team to plan a treasure hunt for Virat to find hints and pieces of his birthday gift, a skeleton, forgot his birthday.

It had barely been an year.

He was about to knock his room door but didn't want to be disappointed once again by Rohit not knowing his birthday as well and hence decided to spend the night by the pool.

Meanwhile Rohit was getting impatient. A whole minute has passed since Virat's birthday started and he still hasn't come. He began wondering if Jaddu kept him to himself.

He patiently waited for two more minutes before getting ready to fight with jaddu for cheating him. He furiously stormed out of the room and saw a dejected Virat wait for the elevator.

'Virat what are you doing there?' he called out.

'Um, nothing. But what are you doing at this time of the night?' Virat asked him.

'I'm unable to find my favourite watch. Will you please come and help me find it?' he pleaded ( faked) and how could Virat not agree to help.

'Yeah sure.' he said and began walking towards him and saw Rohit grin widely.

'Why are you grinning?' Do you remember it's my birthday? ' he omited the later part as he was sure Rohit wouldn't know and he'd only make a fool out of himself by asking him that.

'Nothing, just open the door.' Rohit groaned internally as he was just running it. He was supposed to keep a neutral face and not leak about the surprise.

'What's wrong with -' Virat was amazed by the golden lights that were hung all over his room.

It took him a minute to let it sink in.

'Happy Birthday Virat.' Rohit hugged him excitedly and wrapped his arms around Virat tightly as he wished him.

'Thank you. How do you know that it's my birthday?' Virat, who still couldn't believe it, asked Rohit.

'Google.' he replied as a matter of fact.

'Looks like someone's stalking me.' Virat smirked.

Rohit rolled his eyes and said, 'For once, you can stop giving me all your attention and look at the decorations.'

'Right sorry sorry, it happened out of habit. But these decorations are amaaaaaaazing.' Virat was visibly impressed with the decorations.

'Will you please click a picture of me with these?' Virat asked pointing at the ballons that said Happy birthday.

As Rohit was adjusting the frame, Virat was all set in his signature pose.

'Come join me too.' he wrapped his arm around Rohit and clicked a few selfies with him.

It was interrupted as his phone rang, it was a video call from his family.

He was perplexed if he must attend it or not as Rohit made such beautiful decorations for him.

'You have to take it. I can wait.' Rohit told him and walked into the balcony to avoid any excuses from him.

'Mumma, look at my room. Rohit made these for me.' Rohit smiled as he heard Virat excitedly talk about his arrangements with his family.

Seeing that, his family didn't want to make it long as well. They've all quickly wished him and told him that they'll call in the morning and hung up.

Rohit was still in the balcony and before calling him inside, Virat wanted to read all the notes he wrote behind the pictures.

Happy birthday best friend ❤️

Thank you for motivating me always.

I'm not afraid of fighting with you cause I know by the end of every fight, we are gonna end up together.

You can always count on me, no matter what.

Blessed are those who could have this version of you in their life.

Virat's cheeks began hurting due to all that smiling. That was indeed the best gift he has ever received from someone outside family.

He reconsidered that thought as it felt weird to not consider Rohit as family.

All that he could say was he truly was blessed to call himself Rohit's bestfriend.

'If you are done admiring my craft and smiling to yourself, can I join you?' Rohit asked as he leaned on the balcony door.

'Ofcourse. I still can't believe that you've done this all by yourself. Just two nights ago, you slept in wet clothes as you were lazy to change them and now you worked so hard to make all these.'

'Are you happy?'

'I'M EXTREMELY HAPPY.'

'That's what matters.' Rohit shrugged.

'I love you.' Rohit wondered if Virat would kiss him too in the excitement.

'I love you too Virat.' it felt so weird for him to say it. Not the feeling but the words. It was the first time he ever said that to anyone other than Ritika.

'Anyways, I've done all this as I want something in return.' he said.

'Anything.' Virat granted.

Rohit switched on the speakers and said,' I want a live performance.' and began playing the songs.

Virat immediately started grooving to them and signalled Rohit to follow him.

Virat's dancing skills were no less than those from films. Especially his energetic Bhangra. Rohit on the other side was super insecure about his dance.

'I suck at it. I'm happy as a spectator.' Rohit declined.

'I'm no great dancer too. Just follow me.' Virat said and intentionally chose easy steps which did look weird at times.

Seeing him be all goofy and comfortable with him gave Rohit massive confidence and he began following Virat's steps and vibed to the songs with him.

He first started with goofy steps inspired from Bhangra and when he saw Rohit lose interest in it, he smoothly switched to animals.

'I don't remember the last time I danced. Probably sixth class annual day.' he said as following Virat in doing the "Walk like a chimpanzee" step.

'We aren't dancing exactly but I think it counts because all that matters is whether we are enjoying or not.' Virat preached and resumed thinking which animal's actions must be copied next.