His sharp turns were life-threatening but he was beyond the level of rationality, unable to erase the recent memory of the kiss between Elysia and Ares from his mind, which only spurred him to accelerate the bike, recklessly weaving through traffic.

Ares Simon Knight was falling in love with 'his clumsy head.' It was only a matter of time before he realized it and then what...?

What would happen next?

They would be together?

Then what about Sven?

How would he be able to look into her amber eyes again without feeling the torment of his own heart?

He couldn't bear to see them together, but he also couldn't imagine a life without Elysia.

At what crossroads this life had brought him to. What kind of test was this? What sort of trial had he been handed?

He had ventured far from the city, racing down the desolate roads. Out of nowhere, a sharp rock emerged right beneath his bike's tires, and it sent a jolt through his entire body. The sudden imbalance was like a cruel surprise as he hurtled forward, unable to regain control. He couldn't help but brace himself for what was about to happen.

In a split second, his bike and that unforgiving tree on the roadside collided. The impact was nothing short of thunderous – a clash of man and machine against wood and bark. The sound of the collision echoed in the surrounding silence.

The collision left him with a few injuries, although they were fortunately not severe. He bore only a handful of cuts on his forehead and scattered across his body but his bike was crumpled.

He led there on the ground without any movement, or care about the impact or his injuries. Several times in life, he had tried this kind of stunt but life was always harsh on him, saving him and then giving him another torment.

He gradually sat up, spitting the blood out of his mouth and wiping blood from his forehead.

"Why?" He whispered, breathing uneven.

"WHY?!!!!" He roared, kicking the ground in deep anguish.

Why does it always happen in this world? Why does love transcends boundaries when it's meant for someone who isn't destined to be yours...

****************

Loud music blared into his ears as he sat with a glass in his hand, his eyes glazed and his expressions unreadable.

"Look who's here?" Ophelia's familiar voice sounded near his ear, but he was numb to everything.

It had been three days since he had last seen Elysia. He couldn't bear to see her and remain her friend. He had made the decision to stay away from Elysia. He had received her message but could only reply that he was busy with something. In reality, for the past three days, he had done nothing except roam the streets to calm himself down, and today he was here, back to being the Sven Damaris the world once knew.

"I knew you'd get bored." Ophelia sat on his lap, and Sven made no move to stop her. "Babe, I missed you," she whispered into his ear, her voice seductive.

Sven's crimson-gray eyes were hooded as he turned to look at Ophelia. He could clearly see her, he could see those seductive eyes, but what could he do when there was only one pair of eyes he could imagine: those innocent amber eyes, that soft, beautiful face which always had a smile on her lips, always hiding her pain, smiling for others...

Would he ever be able to forget her?

His eyes followed Ophelia's movement as she leaned closer, intending to kiss him, but he didn't stop her, letting her kiss him.