I'm Scared

Lizzie's pov:

Last night Amelie had a horrible nightmare, she was very scared and nervous, I calmed her down and hugged her, she literally fell asleep in my arms, I'm very happy about that, that means she's trusting me more, right? I hope she donsen't regret what happened. Today is a big day, we are going to the police station and we will do all this paperwork, it will be a lot for her and she doesn't even know it yet so I have to tell her since we will be leaving in a few hours.

Now I'm in the kitchen preparing breakfast, already finished I was about to go to her room to wake her up but suddenly I heard someone opening a door, that means she's awake, good! I see her go down the stairs slowly and carefully... she looks so pretty

"Hello honey, good morning, how are you feeling?" I hope she talks more today

"Good morning Lizzie, do you need help?"

"Oh, no honey, it's okay, just come here, I need to talk to you"

Amelie's pov:

Shit, here we go, I wonder where she's sending me, what will happen to me? I'm a little sad, I don't think I want to go, I mean, I like being around her, she makes me feel safe, and now even more so because of what happened last ni- LAST NIGHT

"My God, I'm so sorry about what happened last night, Miss Elizabeth, I just remembered, I really didn't want to wake you up and I'm really sorry..."

"Hey, hey, it's okay baby, don't worry, did it help that I was there with you?"

"...yes..." fuck yes, i was wishing at that moment that it would last forever.

"Well, that's it, that's all that matters, I'm really glad I helped," she said with that smile...that sweet, soft smile.

"Thank you" I'm a little embarrassed now

"You're welcome baby, wherever you need me I'll be happy to help you" well, it's not like I can call you every time I need you and even less so now that I'm going to who knows where, but that's fine "come, sit down, I made breakfast, I hope you enjoy it honey" shit, food, I can't yet, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to say anything yet... let's see if she forgets... "so, Amelie, last night I called my lawyer and..." now the I'm looking at her "and he'll be waiting for us at the police station, we have to go there to report that place where you lived before and..." at that moment I just stopped listening to what she was saying, police? I mean, I know this was going to happen but I don't understand it, I'm still shocked and scared and... wait, report? I can't do that, he will know where I am, he will find me, they won't believe me, shit, shit, shit, this is bad, very bad, I can't go back to him again. "Amelie? Honey, are you okay?"

"I- i ca.. can't bre... give me a moment please"

"baby it's okay breathe with me it's okay baby what happened talk to me honey" she said that and started to calm me down by holding my hands in hers and breathing with me, when I finally calmed down and she saw it she spoke again "can you tell me What happened? What's bothering you? I know this is really hard and I'm going to try to make it as easy as possible for you, honey, but can you tell me what's bothering you?

"it's nothing, I'm sorry" I'm so embarrassed

"If it makes you feel that way, it's important baby, please tell me" her face is so soft and sweet and it makes me feel like everything is going to be okay.

"It's scary, I don't know what will happen to me and I really don't want to go back there" well, it's true to a certain point, but I'm not going to tell her it's also because I don't want her to leave me

Lizzie's pov:

She's just breaking my heart, I want to hold her so bad, my poor baby, I'm going to protect you. I don't want to tell her yet that I'm planning to foster her because I don't know if it's possible yet, so I don't want to give her false hope, so first of all I'm going to make sure that's possible, and after that I'll ask her if that's what she wants , I don't want her to be here if she doesn't want it, but right now the only thing I want to prioritize is calming her down and helping her with her anxiety, I need her to be okay so I don't want to keep putting pressure on her because today she already has a lot, that's when I can also see that she didn't even try the pancakes, just a few sips of juice... I don't like that

"Honey, is there something wrong with your pancakes? Do you want anything else?"

"I'm sorry, I'm not hungry, I guess it's because I'm nervous, I never eat breakfast anyway" well, that's valid, the nerves part, but I'm going to change that about not having breakfast, it's the first meal of the day and very Importantly, you will eat all meals.

"Well, it's okay baby, we can have a snack later, right?" she just nodded her head "now would you like to change? I washed your clothes yesterday so you can put them on now, and then we can go to the police station and finish this whole situation, what do you think?" Despite the situation and all the stress we are going to feel, I am a little excited, I really want to hear that I can take her home, but right after saying what I said, her face suddenly turned red, I didn't understand why that. .

"Excuse me, miss," miss? I thought we were over the situation with the 'miss', I guess she's going to change, so I cleaned the kitchen and did the same.
A few moments later we both got into my car and headed to the police station. You can tell she's nervous. She shakes her leg and plays with her fingers. I gently placed my free hand on the knee of her trembling leg and started making circles with my thumb, she shivered a little but didn't even look at me, instead she continued looking at her feet as if they were the most interesting thing in her life. the world... "sorry for putting you through all this, I'm just scared" my baby. ..

"Honey, you don't bother me at all so please get that out of your head, okay? It's okay that you feel scared baby, what we're doing is really big and you shouldn't have to suffer for it, but here we are, right?" You know? You don't have to be scared, I'll be with you the whole time, okay? I promise" Now we stopped at a red light and I turned around, I see her, there are tears falling from her eyes, I can tell she really doesn't want to do this, but we have to do it. .. I'm going to protect her, even if it's the last thing I do.