13. THE FASHION SHOW

Start from the beginning

I thought for a while before giving her consent to handle everything. "Yeah, okay. I will go with everything that you think is the best."

I made my way to my room before Grandma called out to me. "Sam," she said. I turned to face her. "Yes, is there anything else?"

She sighed and said. " I know you're doing this because of my decision, but I hope you can open your heart and see the light behind this."

I just smiled and nodded slightly to her words and continued my way to the bedroom. Her words are running around my mind.

'May I see the light...'

Both of our families had met during dinner the very next day. That's how excited they were with the news.

Grandma even brought me to the jewelry store for the engagement rings. She let me choose but, of course, with her opinion.

I chose two rings, a simple one for me and one with diamonds for Mon. I pick one size smaller than mine for her ring, I hope it is going to fit her just fine.

We brought the rings during the dinner to check her size, so it is gonna be perfect for the ceremony later.

After discussion, both families made the final decision to hold the ceremony two weeks after the fashion show, which means three weeks from now.

'Hmmm.. Am I ready for this? This is the consequences of your action, Sam.'

So, are we officially engaged now? Well, in terms of close family, then, yes, I guess.

During the dinner, I stole a glance towards Mon. Surprisingly, she looked calm compared to yesterday when I suggested the idea.

Was she really okay with it? I didn't expect it to happen so soon. I think she might be angry with me now.

'I'm sorry, little one.'

*

Here comes the day,

The day that has been awaited by both companies, especially for Mon. After two months of hard work, working hard to ensure that today's journey goes smoothly. Mon even had only a few hours of sleep last night.

Today marks the start of Mon's first project as CEO of St. Claire's. The event is garnering a lot of media attention, as it is the first-ever fashion show to be held at the Royal Central Mall.

The event has been advertised for a month, showcasing a star-studded lineup.

As a result, the venue is already filled with fans eagerly waiting for the various artists who will be performing.

Sam dressed up in a white-fit shawl collar blazer and white pantsuit. She's still at her penthouse with her official glam team, finalizing her looks for today.

Usually, she will use her glam team's service only when she's going to events that involve the media like today.

On my way to the venue, I spotted a flower shop and asked my driver to stop for a while. I have been thinking of bringing something since it feels so wrong to come with an empty hand.

Entering the shop, I straightaway looked for the florist. She's been busy with the flowers, and I am only being greeted by her back.

"Ehmm, excuse me, Ms.?" I called for her.

"Yes!" She answered excitedly and turned her body.

Her face dropped immediately once she saw me, and it seemed like her blood almost drained out from her face as her face turned pale.