Chapter 8: A Battle of Ghosts, Humans, and Half-Ghosts

The team worked through the entire night and into the morning and when they were done they all got some rest, getting ready for their big fight. As Phoebe slept she had a nightmare. She got out of her bed and found that everything was dark and silent. Phoebe saw everyone sleeping and she went to shake everybody awake and nobody would wake up. She then turned and saw Bloody Mary.

"Your next." Bloody Mary said and she went to grab Phoebe and Phoebe woke up. She saw that Podcast was trying to wake her up.

"Hey, it's time to go. We've gotta go get everything ready." Podcast said.

"Nope, just me, Danny, Venkman, and Phoebe. The rest of you are staying here so we can keep you safe." Ray revealed and Lucky nodded and Podcast looked at Phoebe sadly.

"Ok." Podcast sighed. "I understand."....

They all got ready to drive away and Podcast looked to Phoebe and then he hugged her.

"Be careful out there." Podcast said and Phoebe nodded as they parted.

"I will." Phoebe assured him and Podcast looked worried for her.

"You better come back or I'm gonna come find you." Podcast said and Phoebe nodded. "You know, um," Podcast started to say and Danny watched as he had a feeling he knew what was about to happen and he smirked. "If you ever wanted to go get a bite to eat with me or go to an arcade or something, I would love to do that once this is all over." Phoebe blushed as she looked down and Podcast got the wrong idea. "I mean, as friends. As total friends. I didn't mean it like Boyfriend, Girlfriend or stuff like that, I mean." Podcast started and Phoebe leaned in and kissed him. After a minute they parted and Podcast looked shocked.

"I'd love to go on a date with you when this is all over." Phoebe accepted the offer and then she let out a short laugh. "Sorry. I couldn't go into this fight without you knowing how I feel."

"And uh.....how do you feel?" Podcast asked.

"Well I just kissed you, so I obviously don't wanna be friends." Phoebe responded. "But if this doesn't go well, please keep being friends with me. Promise me that."

"I care about you Phoebe, your my best friend, I'll always be there for you." Podcast assured her.

"And if I die today at least you know that I tried everything I could to come back." Phoebe explained and Podcast shook his head.

"You're the best there is. You're gonna come back." Podcast said.

"I don't know, she's awful powerful and," Phoebe started to doubt herself.

"Just stop doubting yourself. I know she's powerful and I know you're trying to be logical but your heart and your passion is what's gonna win this fight. You've got this because you are the best Ghostbuster in the whole wide world and your my girlfriend." Podcast said and he kissed her again. After a moment Venkman poked his head out.

"I had to break up the make out session but we kind of have to go save the world." Venkman pointed out and Phoebe and Podcast parted and they smiled at each other.

"You've got this. Go get'em." Podcast said and Phoebe got in the Ecto-1 with Venkman, Ray, and Danny and they all left. Podcast let out a sigh and then walked back into the firehouse.....

They had been sucking water out of puddles for about 2 hours and it was getting dark out when suddenly Phoebe felt a cold breeze fill the air. She stood up and looked to everyone.

"She's coming. Get ready!" Phoebe shouted and everybody prepared their weapons. Danny looked at the Infi-Map to make sure that the portal was about to open up.