Chapter 1: Dueling Fates

Hello! I'm back again and this time I am taking two of my favorite things and combining them which is very much a first for me. Writing this story has been an absolute thrill ride and I am ecstatic for you to get into reading it. The story is a crossover between The Ghostbusters franchise and the Danny Phantom series. The story takes place after Ghostbusters Afterlife, and in the summer after Danny and his friends graduate from high school. It follows an interesting villain that has never been mentioned in either of the series but I also did not create this villain. That's all I am going to say about that. Other than that, I hope you enjoy the story.

There was thunder and lighting outside of the Firehouse in New York as the stormy day put a major damper on Phoebe Spengler's big day. Phoebe, Podcast, Trevor, and Lucky were about to start a summer training program in New York to become the world's next Ghostbusters. Ever since the previous summer where they were stuck saving the world from Gozer, The Keymaster, and the Gatekeeper, they had been pretty excited to start a new team. After those events happened Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, and Winston Zeddermore had been making sure to get the firehouse ready so that when the next summer came along they could properly train the kids on how to be a Ghostbuster. While they didn't do too shabby, they still had a lot to learn, and more importantly, they needed to become a team.

Callie, Phoebe's mom and her boyfriend Gary Grooberson looked to the kids who had many bags sitting on the ground so they had plenty of clothes and supplies for the trip. Phoebe's bag was the smallest though.

"Alright guys, you better behave this summer because if we have to come back from our trip to Florida so that we can help you save the world again, there's going to be some serious hell to pay." Callie sighed and Ray, Venkman, and Winston walked over to them.

"Don't worry Callie we'll take good care of them. Nowadays in New York things are decently calm. We might get a level 1 Spectral Apparition every now and then, or a poltergeist in an old abandoned subway, but other than that things are pretty normal." Ray explained and Venkman nodded.

"Nice job speaking science to the average joe. You dumbed it down pretty well." Venkman stated sarcastically and Ray frowned at Venkman so Winston stepped in.

"What Ray is saying is that..." Winston started to speak and Trevor turned to his Mom.

"We're not dealing with big ghosties, only little ones." Trevor translated and Callie let out a laugh and nodded in understanding.

"Well, that's not entirely accurate." Ray corrected Trevor. "I mean even the less dangerous ones can cause quite a bit of problems. You've got your free floaters who throw stuff at you, your Slimers who can drench you in sticky relentless goo," Ray started to explain and Venkman shook his head.

"Yeah and let me tell you, even an hour in the shower wont get all of that stuff off." Venkman sighed.

"Guys," Winston snapped and Ray shook his head.

"He's right. I've had just a little on me and it took a week to get it off, and it's always clogging up our washer. It's a nightmare. There's also your vaporous apparitions and they tend to disorient people a lot, I mean at one point I thought I was in my mothers dining room eating freshly baked cookies with milk." Ray explained further and Callie looked really concerned. She turned to Gary who looked extremely thrilled to be in the firehouse considering he had only seen tv footage of it from the Ghostbusters heydays.

"OK!" Winston shouted and Venkman and Ray looked to him in confusion. "The point being that compared to the evil demonic freak that your kids already fought and defeated, New York won't even be a struggle." Winston pointed this out and Callie looked to the kids.