Cat and Mouse: Part 2

Start from the beginning

All of this was made harder with Lia stretching her arms forward to jab Yujin from afar. The puppy kept diverting her energy to create water shields that would slow down Lia's attacks. She couldn't do this on her own, and it was at that moment that Wonyoung called her name from behind.

"Yujin-unnie! I'm here!" The younger girl jumped right into the fight and used her telekinesis to tie up Lia's arms into pretzels.

"Yah, you're gonna pay for that!" The flexible girl says as she extends her leg to hit Wonyoung in the face.

"Ugh, unnie, we should finish this soon." The maknae says while wiping some blood off her mouth.

"I couldn't agree more, Wonnie." Yujin replies before turning her attention back to Yeji,

"Let's see how hot your fire really is." The puppy says as she raises her arms carry all the mountain water she could and shape it into a sphere. The ITZY leader responds by charging up her own ball of fire. They both fire their projectiles at the same time, and when the elements crash together, an explosion occurs that almost takes them off their feet, a heavy mist spreading everywhere. As Yeji waves her arm around to see, it was Yujin who took her by surprise and landed a clean punch that knocks down the already fatigued pyromancer.

Meanwhile, Wonyoung had just finished tying Lia into knots, much to the girl's dismay.

"I promise I'll untie you later after we win, unnie." Wonyoung promises with an apologetic smile before picking up the flag, Lia complaining the entire time.

~~~~

"There's the goal line!" Yujin says as they climb up another rocky hill. To the duo's shock though, Ryujin and Yuna were already much closer. The puppy scans her surroundings until she sees another stream.

"Wonnie, hand me the flag!" And with that, IVE's leader redirects the water into a path that she slides down on with high speed.

"Go, unnie! You can do it!" Wonyoung cheers, but at that moment, a blur dashes right past her.

"Oh no, Yujinnie! Chaeyeon's behind you!" It was too late though as the feather girl cuts off the puppy and trips her. This gave Yuna the opportunity to use her ability and teleport right across the finish line, securing the win for ITZY.

"Sorry I had to do that to you, Yuj. You were pretty close though." The older girl says as she extends her hand and pulls the puppy up.

"Agh, we almost had you! I'll really get you next time, unnie." Yujin says with a pout.

"Good game, Wonyoung. Your new teammates have some potential, but it still seems like they have a bit to go." Yuna said as she shook the younger girl's hand.

~~~~

After a couple minutes, everyone had finally gathered back in the middle for closing. It was a formality that after every match, both teams meet back in the middle to share their thoughts and display a sense of sportsmanship.

"You girls were really good!" Leeseo says to the ITZY girls. Even though they were beaten, the youngest member of IVE relished the opportunity to learn from some more experienced mutants.

"Thank you. You weren't so bad yourselves, especially Liz." Ryujin says, pointing out the blonde girl who managed to stick with her in hand-to-hand combat for a while. Liz, like Yujin, was still upset about the loss, but she perked up hearing the compliment.

"Mhm, Rei and Gaeul also caught me off guard at some moments. I'm sure it won't be as easy to dodge your attacks once you master precision. As for Leeseo, your flying still needs a bit of work, but your energy was great! You're starting your training earlier than Wonyoung did, so I'm sure you'll be a pro in no time." Yuna says with a respectful nod.