Chapter Twelve~

Maddie POV~

Sitting with Beatrix, we all giggle showing each other our invitations to the SnowBall, each of our snowflakes a different shape. Tedros had left us a few minutes earlier, having kissed my forehead before he and Chaddick stood and moved over to a different blanket close by to shoot marbles, the both of them zoning everything else out as they play the game.

"You know that Sophie girl has been staring at Tedros a lot, Maddie." Reena mentions, her eyes darting towards my twin and old best friend.

I shrug, "Sophie's always had this perfect fantasy that she'll always get the prince and live happily ever after with her being the Queen of some rich kingdom." I mention, and the girls share disgruntled but also amused looks.

"Well, I hope she realises that Camelot is basically broke, or well that's what they're leading everyone to believe." One of the girls mention and I furrow my eyebrows looking towards her, "oh I'm from Camelot! I don't think I ever mentioned that, well apparently after King Arthur unfortunately passed, the kingdom went bankrupt, but no one's exactly sure if that's what really happened, and besides, it doesn't seem like that when your there, it's truly magical, I think the plan was to just make the Kingdom seem like a place no one would want to take as they'd gain nothing. You'd have to talk to Tedros about it." She shrugs, and everyone shrugs, I'll probably ask him about it sooner or later.

"YOU'LL RUIN EVERYTHI-" everyone suddenly hears Agatha yell as Sophie approaches Tedros, sitting right next to him and holding out her pail of food.

"Hello, handsome. Want some of my . . . feet?" Everyone went silent as Tedros misfired one of his marbles which hit Chaddick in the eye, Beatrix wincing in concern.

Tedros seemed to take in a deep breath before slowly turning to her, a glare in his eyes, "Your girlfriend's calling." Sophie followed his eyes to Agatha, waving her off.

"She's just upset," Sophie sighed. "You were right, Tedros. She and I are too close. That's why I left in the middle of class yesterday. To tell her it's time I make Good friends now." Tedros scoffee.

"Dot said you left because you were sick. And we all heard about you trying to break into Maddies room from the faeries" wait what? When on earth did that happen, I question in my head, turning my head to Beatrix who smiled sheepishly.

"Did we forget to tell you?" She asks sheepishly and I sigh, giving her a small smile before turning back to the conversation everyone's listening in on, knowing I'll just ask them all later.

Sophie coughed. "Oh, well, I didn't try to break into her room, I just wanted to see my stupid sisters and I had a bit of a cold-"

"Stupid?" I mutter to myself, all of the girls glaring at her, Beatrix hugging me into her.

"She said it was diarrhoea, and don't call Maddie stupid, she's much smarter than you."

"Diarr-" Sophie swallowed. "You know Dot. Always making things up, same goes for Maddison, she could never handle me being better than her."

"How dare you!" Beatrix says glaring at the girl, who doesn't even spare us a glance, though does shift nervously at both Tedros and Chaddicks glare.

"She doesn't seem like a liar to me, and Maddie is a thousand times better than you, witch."

"Oh, Maddies always lying. Just to get attention. Since she's, you know . . ."

Tedros raised his eyebrows. "Since she's . . ."

"Fat. Ugly. Stupid. I mean I'm surprised you've put up with her for so long, I could barely do it back in Gavaldon" Sophie spits out and I stare at her I'm a state of shock my mind having not really processed those hurtful words that my own twin spouted about me.