Chapter Three~

Maddie POV~

Giggling in exasperation as Beatrix and Reena, it was only supposed to be Beatrix and I but Reena had swapped rooms last minute and now we were all just sitting around giggling as we told each other stories of our lives, swapped secrets and got dressed into the school light pink dress uniform, me smiling sadly at it knowing Sophie would've loved the design, cut and color.

We walk out of our room only to see about 80 other classmates sitting around, discussing makeup, skincare, fashion and all sorts of other things, and the three of us grin at each other before joining in, adding in our own ideas, opinions and different sort of stuff, and we talk for about an hour, and the staff decided that was enough time for everyone to settle in.

By the time we're all ready and primped and proper for the Welcoming ceremony, we are all lined up in two perfect lines, everyone giggling and holding hands, talking about what we're going to learn in classes and such, before the fairies come in, beginning to direct us all downstairs, as the all hovered around us furiously, looking for something I look confused at all of them going to question what's going on only to be waved off kindly and directed downstairs with all of my friends, Agatha creeping up beside me causing me to squeal and give her a quick side hug and beginning to pull her along with me to introduce her to my friends, but in the crowd I lost grip of her hand and lost sight of Agatha.

How did I loose my grip? Agatha has a very strong hold and unless she wanted to let go the both of our hands would have stayed connected, shrugging off the confusing situation, I walk down next to Beatrix, and grin and her, Kiko, Reena, Lily and Vanessa who are all walking in a line arms linked and giggling with one another, Beatrix quickly pulling me in next to her, her and Lils disconnecting arms and reconnecting with mine in a fluid motion and placing me front and centre not that I really noticed to preoccupied with my friends.

Each school had its own entrance to the Theater of Tales, which was split into two halves. The west doors opened into the side for the Good students, decorated with pink and blue pews, crystal friezes, and glittering bouquets of glass flowers. The east doors opened into the side for Evil students, with warped wooden benches, carvings of murder and torture, and deadly stalactites dangling from the burnt ceiling. As students herded into their halves for the Welcoming, fairies and wolves guarded the silver marble aisle between them.

All of us girls sit together in the front row, deciding in case anything happens we would like a front row seat, as the boys aren't hear the girls told me that they'd make an entrance that no one would forget.

I look around biting my lip nervously as I realise Agatha is no where to be seen once again, and apparently neither is Sophie.

After a long while when everyone's seated, sounds start to echo through the hall, causing me to turn curiously, while the other Ever girls straighten up and I realise it's stomping feet and clashing of metal and smile remembering the Ever boys welcome.

All of us girls were watching in awe and suprise as a group of people burst through thr doors. Sun-kissed skin peeked through light blue sleeves and stiff collars; tall navy boots matched high-cut waistcoats and knotted slim ties, each embroidered with a single gold initial. As the boys playfully crossed blades, their shirts came untucked from tight beige breeches, revealing slender waists and flashes of muscle, which had quite a few girls drooling and i just giggled, placjng my hand under some of my friends jaws and lifting them to close them. Sweat glistened on glowing faces as they thrust down the aisle, boots cracking on marble, until swiftly the swordfight climaxed, boys pinning boys against pews. In a last chorus of movement, they drew roses from their shirts and with a shout of "Milady!" threw them to the girls who most caught their eye. Beatrix and I look at each other in suprise as we were thrown enough to make a garden together, though I distributed most of mine to my new friends, making sure everyone ended up with one flower.