Chapter 8 Inception

Start from the beginning

"Hey, dude, that was some good running back there. Are you a third year maybe?" she went towards him.

"No, just a teacher." he pulled down his hoodie and showed his silver hair for her to see and she widened her eyes since she just saw that same hairstyle and color a few days ago in the gym.

"Homura sensei!!" Setsuna shook in surprise while the other two turned their head and saw their teacher just come running and passed them a few minutes ago.

"Ah Setsuna, Awase, Kendo. Came for a run?" he asked.

"Yeah just came and finished. I didn't know that you tend to do some jogging as well." Awase replied.

"Three times a week. I tend to stretch myself every day."

"God, did you even go on to sleep or something?"

"My sleep schedule is my own. Thank you Awase," he replied nodding his head over to his student.

"Now, if you excuse me. I've got some work to do." he grabbed his bottle of water and dumped it in the trash before running back to the school grounds and cleaning himself for today's class.

Flashback Start

Izuku slumps in his chair trying to calm himself down from his humiliating defeat from Henrique in the alley. He's sitting in the bar unable to look towards Jack or Claire directly. They both remain in their seat with Jack cleaning up his gun and Claire sitting while holding a glass of whisky.

He sits in the chair trying to pull that humiliating memory out of his mind, how he just cowered in fear after being pointed a gun directly when all of his life he was handled much worse by his sister and her friends. He couldn't believe that someone managed to drop off him like that.

The guilt, the fear, the anger within him. It's almost like it's trying to tear him apart from the inside. Trying to unleash from within and leave out from him.

Claire drinks from the glass before turning her head and faces Jack looking for an explanation, "What happened back there?"

Jack dropped his cloth near the table along with his gun and placed it on the side, "We both watched from the south entrance down at the top of the building. I scope the surroundings while giving you some cover. Around two minutes later, the door is opened, and Henrique escapes. Our boy over there is chasing him but he got away."

Izuku's throat went dry. He knew what Jack was doing by giving some vivid explanation and leaving out the detail where he finds him dropped on the floor while having an anguish look on his face knowing that he failed.

The bar room seemed to shimmer before his eyes. He struggled to block out all thought, but try as he might, the empty muzzle of Henrique's gun swam hazily to the forefront of his mind.

And then he was staring at Jack, in the midst of this wrecked bar room. He stared into Jack's black eyes, hoping against hope that he wouldn't tell her.

"So why didn't you take the shot at Henrique when he exits?" she looked towards Jack for some explanation.

Jack locks eyes with her as she's waiting for some explanation, "I was busy covering you from the rooftop. One of the guys is trying to ambush you from behind firing a laser from his fingertip to slice off your head, so I take the shot directly at him."

Claire stared directly towards him waiting for the other to make a move. Jack remains in his seat expressionless looking at her waiting for her to drop the matter. After a long silence for a minute, Claire pulls his chair and heads towards the door.